Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gadwall8

Four words we will not hear as a result of the 2014 election

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

woodbutcher, is this because the “first in” opportunists can’t continue to out-buy production?

Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post   Ammunition prices have skyrocketed 

Those still holding a private inventory for re-selling are going to have to bite the bullet, now that retail stocks are building and the prices are coming back down below prices at which ones inventory may have been purchased.

Lead, when the hell is the price of lead going to come down? I can't justify reloading at the current price of #7 1/2 shot

Lead, when the hell is the price of lead going to come down? I can't justify reloading at the current price of #7 1/2 shot

The Chinks are buying a lot of lead and I mean A LOT so that is probably going to keep lead prices up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post

fagetaboutit Suds. The last primary smelting plant in the US was forced to close over a year ago. The only production we have left here is from recycling.

The mining of white metals still occurs here in the US but after the initial refining and separation processes the lead bearing portion is shipped to The Peoples Republic for final smelting into metallic lead.

There was a good reason for the location of the Army's Lake City facility. (Pb  σ=11.34 g/cm³) Now the ChiComs have to put it on a ship to get it here.