Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichLou

hitting the Conowingo Dam

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Hitting up the dam tomorrow morning. I have no clue about water releases for tomorrow and I expect the water to look like chocolate milk but at least I'll be wetting a line. After seeing the 20 pounder caught there the other day we've got to scratch an itch!

Yeah checked the hotline at 1700 yesterday when it updates. Fished the morning at the tail end of the main release (4 small and 1 large gate open) but it dropped to 1 small gate at 0900. Released small stripers (and by released I mean a few spit the hook and 1 broke me off on a submerged rock just as I was about to land him). Fishing slowed as the morning wore on but I did manage a PB for walleye.

We caught 3 stripers today...1 at 12 inches and 2 at 8 inches lol. Also had this flathead. 35 1/2 inch 25 pounds on the boga.

Tasty fish ... Seriously!

Bob I was actually targeting these in order to eat one as I have heard they are delicious.  I do not care for channel cats as they taste muddy to me.  How would you suggest?

Rich

I just fillet out each side and then skin them ,,, you're done in 5 minutes.  The meat on the ones I've caught were clear-blueish.  I just pan fried them in a little olive oil and black pepper.

These fish don't suck the bottom like some other cats do, they are more of a gamefish in terms of chasing live prey.

I just fillet out each side and then skin them ,,, you're done in 5 minutes.  The meat on the ones I've caught were clear-blueish.  I just pan fried them in a little olive oil and black pepper.

These fish don't suck the bottom like some other cats do, they are more of a gamefish in terms of chasing live prey.

awesome...I got two really nice filets that kind of resembe cod from the fish.  I trimmed off the blood line and yellow fat as I would do with any other fish.

Thanks!

What did you catch it on?  I've done well there with bucktails and big jigheads with big white twisters.

It hit on a 6 inch white curly tail grub on and 1/8th ounce jig head with a 1.5 oz inline weight.  It was  a pretty cool fight.  Some other guys were killing it with pink curly tail grubs.