Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skidsteer

Niantic / New London

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

there were some bunker in the area, but that may have changed in the last fwe days (they are usually gone by now, so we're on borrowed time with them)

the guys at J&B should be able to steer you in the right direction

Thanks - going to give that a try this morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by westhavendave View Post

State boat launch at Pleasure Beach in Waterford is a good public access for yakfishing some very fishy water. 

I'm not sure what Jack Baliant (sp) @ the fish connection knows about kayak fishing, but in general, he certainly has his pulse on the fishing scene in that area...you should give him a call

I would call Jack. Jack and I went out last week and made a video that is posted in another thread. Spoke with him yesterday and some good reports in some areas. With the kayak might want to head out of groton or barn island, both will have some quick access to some good areas.

I would call Jack. Jack and I went out last week and made a video that is posted in another thread. Spoke with him yesterday and some good reports in some areas. With the kayak might want to head out of groton or barn island, both will have some quick access to some good areas.

Bass, or were there still some albies left over?

Thanks to all for the information. I went out of Pleasure Beach in Waterford and was on schoolies (bass and blues) all morning - lots of action. Breaking fish and working birds were plentiful. I did manage a couple large blues also (30"+ fish).

Very pleased for my first time fishing in the area.