Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazybellringer

Getting my reel serviced.

10 posts in this topic

Guys i took a trip to penn to drop off some reels. Pretty big facility. I would have asked for a tour but i was on my lunch break. The guy larry turned the handle on my spin fisher and let out a laugh. :shock:

I felt bad handing over the reel in that shape i should have fixed it up a bit before i brought it in. It had a bent bail completely scratched and messed up from all the times i fell on jetties. Can't wait to get it back. here is an inside look.

I dont mean any harm Bob, but it doesnt look like they let you toooo far in! :D

Thanks for sharing!

I am surprised i didn't get thrown out when they saw my reels. The one reel was in a bag completely taken apart. This reel i found on the bottom of the ocean. here is that reels story, I took it apart when i got home and never did anything for two years.

I was trolling a slugo on a wiggle head. I was drifting and i noticed my line was out to the side not behind me. When i reeled in my slugo it was tangled in the line. The whole ordeal took about half an hour the reel was close to spooled. Since i was just pulling the braid in my lap there was no way to reel the fish in once i got the rod and reel in the yak. I hand lined the fish in for most of the way. every time i tugged he moved but if i kept the line slack and paddled toward the fish he would sit still on the bottom. So finally i took the risk of cutting the line and retying because i knew if i had the braid in my hand and he took a run it would be painful. when i pulled the fish in it had a hook and clam in the corner of it's mouth. It was really a strange experience because the fish had fight but once i put it in my lap it froze. It's like the fish knew if he stayed still i would un hook him. It was my first fish in the yak definitely a cool experience.