Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

What do you mean work with Republicans? Republicans are already surrendering

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

One day and the progs in the R party roll over.

Quote:

(Reuters) – U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)68%, who is expected to become the Senate majority leader in January when Republicans take control of the chamber, on Wednesday ruled out government shutdowns or any default on the national debt on his watch.

Republicans scored major gains in congressional elections on Tuesday and will have majorities in both houses when the new Congress takes office early in the new year.

We’re not going to be shutting down the government or defaulting on the national debt,” McConnell said in his first news conference since winning re-election on Tuesday.

There's your victory leftists.  Holy ****.

Yup - the doddering old fool just handed Obama the keys to the kingdom. The one thing...the ONE freakin' thing that Congress has - POWER OF THE PURSE - he just surrendedered to King Putt.

DANG, I hate RINO's!!! :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotcow? View Post

OK, what's your problem with that statement?

Congress has the power of the purse to stop people like Obama in his tracks.  THats the whole point of three branches of gummit.  He just eliminated one branch.

What if Hussein Vetoes 10 budgets in a row?  What is the remedy?  What if Obama starts confiscating guns?  What is the remedy?

McConnell sucks. its all about status quo. He is in bed with Democrats and Wall St. republicans to keep the tea party conservatives out and get back to the safe 2 party system that screws America.

I was hoping McConnell would lose his race. He is a cancer.

America is so stupid.

Obama wont need an executive order to grant amnesty to illegal aliens either. These fake conservatives will gladly do it

McConnell sucks. its all about status quo. He is in bed with Democrats and Wall St. republicans to keep the tea party conservatives out and get back to the safe 2 party system that screws America.

America is so stupid.

Obama wont need an executive order to grant amnesty to illegal aliens either. These fake conservatives will gladly do it

THIS!! Man - I need to go build a house of potato's and hunker down against my imaginary enemies.

Congress has the power of the purse to stop people like Obama in his tracks.  THats the whole point of three branches of gummit.  He just eliminated one branch.

What if Hussein Vetoes 10 budgets in a row?  What is the remedy?  What if Obama starts confiscating guns?  What is the remedy?

Every time I think you might be smarter than you appear you prove me wrong.

Would you have been happy if McConnell had come out and said President Obama better give us what we demand or we will default and shut down the government?

America is so stupid.

You're really right on all accounts. It's telling the McConnell has already played his hand. And Democrats were actually worried about losing the election.

Yuk yuk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotcow? View Post

Would you have been happy if McConnell had come out and said President Obama better give us what we demand or we will default and shut down the government?

I prefer people that keep their mouths shut and prove their worth with action.  But why would you tell an anemy what you are NOT willing to do to advance your cause? Why surrender?  Thats what I ask you.

You DO NOT play your hand early.

First thing MCConnell does is set the stage for an internal fight. God, these old school Repubs are such fools.

No but he surley diden't need to say anything on those lines. Let alone say it twice..

I prefer people that keep their mouths shut and prove their worth with action.  But why would you tell an anemy what you are NOT willing to do to advance your cause? Why surrender?  Thats what I ask you.

How is that statement a "surrender"?

What do you expect him to say?

'I'm going to continue the truculent gridlock of the outgoing senate'

He has to be the voice of reason and diplomacy, otherwise the MSM would have crucified him on the cross of public opinion rags from the get go, and they would never let up.

Definitely a smart move on his part, particularly when bills start piling up for the executive pen and the buck finally rests where it should.

Temporary government shut-downs just provide bad press. And after that bad press, the debt ceiling gets raised, anyway. McConnell has taken that trap off the table.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Yup - the doddering old fool just handed Obama the keys to the kingdom. The one thing...the ONE freakin' thing that Congress has - POWER OF THE PURSE - he just surrendedered to King Putt.

DANG, I hate RINO's!!! mad.gif

On day 1.    Then again, perhaps he intend to say they'd defund specifics and not the entire gov.  Maybe thats what he meant?

MM and JB were poor choices imo.  Oh well, its really not my party anymore.  I was kidding myself for a bit.