Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverRaider

That "Holier Than Thou" Attitude That Progressive's Have....

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Where do you suppose that comes from?

I just read thru the "Fried Chicken" thread... that's why I ask

I wish I knew. I suspect it has something to do with the typical progressive's complete lack of self-awareness and utter contempt for intellectual honesty, but whatever causes it, I wish science would find a cure and soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Williams View Post

I wish I knew. I suspect it has something to do with the typical progressive's complete lack of self-awareness and utter contempt for intellectual honesty, but whatever causes it, I wish science would find a cure and soon.

fortunately conservatives exhibit no such problems with feeling of superiority, or lack of intellectual honesty.

Winston Churchill on leftists :

"They are the most disagreeable of people... Can you not feel a sense of disgust at the arrogant presumption of superiority of these people?

I missed the party over on the fried chicken thread.  Looked like a real hoot.  

Overt racists comments are so prevalent in pop culture that I tend to ignore them now.  Not always, but usually.  I disagree with the precept that its OK for a black person to say N this or Collard greens eatin That...  if it is racist language then it is. 

The word Racism itself has been so bastardized and over used that it loses meaning on a daily basis.  Its comical how the word has been distorted in my career field.   

It's my opinion that covert racism is a far greater issue.  On that perspective, I think there is no greater example of racism that continued institutional programs intended to "help" segments of the population, working on the veiled premise that they are not capable of helping themselves.  Lack of School Choice and inner city welfare reform are stark examples.   

Oh, wait.  Liberal progressives sometimes have a holier than thou attitude.   Statistically they have more schooling, so maybe its a function of that.  Dunno.  

So if progressives have the "holier than thou" attitude, what is the attitude of the side that opposes civil rights and thinks low income earners are scum?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BT758 View Post

So if progressives have the "holier than thou" attitude, what is the attitude of the side that opposes civil rights and thinks low income earners are scum?

Or the side that thinks killing a child is OK if it happens to be an inconvenience.   Generalizing is fun, isnt it?  Go PG!

You must be speaking for the democrat side on that because republicans brought about the civil rights movement and are still very supportive of REAL civil rights and there aren't any republicans I know that think badly of a man merely because he works for a living. That's democrats again. I'm surprised you would out them like that, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55555s View Post

Or the side that thinks killing a child is OK if it happens to be an inconvenience.   Generalizing is fun, isnt it?  Go PG!

It's fun when it makes sense.

I certainly wont condone all the ridiculous fried chicken jokes and the numerous racist under toned comments made about Obama from the right in this forum.

I also cant take seriously any condemnation coming from the members on the left who went out of their way make religiously discriminatory comments about Mitt Romney when he ran for president or the racist comments about Condoleeza Rice when she was in her position.

The right and left can take all their ignorant members and go dig a hole to jump in.

Its the same ignorant members on both sides always pointing a finger.

Some of you are incredibly stupid

make religiously discriminatory comments about Mitt Romney when he ran for president or the racist comments about Condoleeza Rice when she was in her position.

Its the same ignorant members on both sides always pointing a finger.

Some of you are incredibly stupid

Thankfully, I've never done this which allows me to call out racist garbage without hypocrisy.