Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

Responsible gun owner of the day. TN edition.

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Good shoot.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/27295877/gunman-fatally-wounded-in-home-invasion-identified

Gunman fatally wounded in home invasion identified

Posted: Nov 05, 2014 7:39 PM EST Updated: Nov 05, 2014 7:43 PM EST

Posted by Stuart Ervin

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

The masked gunman who was fatally wounded after entering an Antioch home on Tuesday morning has been identified as 26-year-old Jonathan Corke.

At the time of his death, Corke was under indictment on multiple counts of home burglary and felony theft.

Corke was not carrying any identification when he was shot. He was identified through his fingerprints.

John McCormick, 34, was at home in the 5700 block of Longbranch with his wife and five children when he said a man walked into his home with a gun and demanded money.

"He said, 'I've been itching to bust somebody,'" McCormick said.

McCormick complied, but the man demanded more.

While the intruder was dealing with his wife, McCormick went to a bedroom, grabbed a .45 caliber pistol and came out.

McCormick said when the intruder raised his handgun in his direction, he opened fire.

The intruder was hit several times and fled to the front yard, where he collapsed.

The man died shortly after arriving at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. His alleged getaway car hidden in the woods near the home was towed away.

No charges have been filed against McCormick.

Corke had two prior convictions for felony theft and two prior convictions for felony evading arrest.

Police said this investigation is ongoing..

"The intruder was hit several times and fled to the front yard, where he collapsed.  The man died shortly after arriving at Vanderbilt University Medical Center."

Ah. True dat. People always think the someone who is shot will drop in their tracks. Frequently not the case. That is why magazine capacity bans are bad. If you need to shoot somebody, you need to shoot them until the gun is empty and the more bullets you start with the better off you will be.

On the other side of the coin, though, the "stopping power" in this case was to get the criminal out of the house, and it seemed to do that just fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slacker View Post

Ah. True dat. People always think the someone who is shot will drop in their tracks.

Only a CNS hit will reliably do that.  Its been proven every deer season since y grandfather was a fetus.  

Otherwise unconsciousness due to blood loss, which can take a little bit, especially under stress.

There are videos of 120-lb deer being hit by .50 BMG rounds and they run a hundred yards.  Shot placement reigns king every time.  

I'm like skit with my ability to attract flies, but I'm not referring to you Slacker.     :howdy:  

Perhaps if you responded with cohesive thoughts constructed in proper sentences instead of the ******** you usually post you might attract fewer flies. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings over Queens View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthered View Post

I'm like skit with my ability to attract flies, but I'm not referring to you Slacker.     howdy.gif  

Perhaps if you responded with cohesive thoughts constructed in proper sentences instead of the ******** you usually post you might attract fewer flies. smile.gif

buzzzzzzzzzz..              ..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.      :wave: 

Only a CNS hit will reliably do that.  Its been proven every deer season since y grandfather was a fetus.  

Otherwise unconsciousness due to blood loss, which can take a little bit, especially under stress.

There are videos of 120-lb deer being hit by .50 BMG rounds and they run a hundred yards.  Shot placement reigns king every time.  

This. In terms of terminal ballistics - bigger is better and more is better. Other than that - it's all about shot placement.

Either shut the "processor" down (CNS shot); or shut the "hydraulics" down - exsanguinate.

Only way to do it.

Good shoot.

must have hit him several times in the arms. No way anyone is going to run anywhere if they had been hit in the leg or chest at close range with a .45

Good shoot.

must have hit him several times in the arms. No way anyone is going to run anywhere if they had been hit in the leg or chest at close range with a .45

Nonsense....