Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

As the results roll in

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Here another loss for the extremists in our midst,

The Anti Second Amendment people.  The Bloombergians.  Wiped out  Kicked to the curb.

Breitbart compiled a list of the anti's that were sent packing for your reading pleasure.

Quote:

The Second Amendment trumped their endorsement and their money. 

In Texas, NRA-endorsed gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott ® won. In Maryland, NRA-endorsed gubernatorial candidate Larry Hogan ® won. In Alabama, NRA-endorsed Governor Robert J. Bentley ® won. In Wisconsin, NRA-endorsed Governor Scott Walker ® won. In Michigan, NRA-endorsed Governor Rick Snyder ® won. In Nevada, NRA-endorsed Governor Brian Sandoval ® won. In Ohio, NRA-endorsed Governor John R. Kasich ® won. In Oklahoma, NRA-endorsed Governor Mary Fallin ® won. In Wyoming, NRA-endorsed Governor Matt Mead ® won. In Idaho, NRA-endorsed Governor Bruce Otter ® won. In Kansas, NRA-endorsed Governor Sam Brownback ® won. And in Maine, NRA-endorsed Governor Paul R. LePage ® won against gun control candidate Michael Michaud (D). (On August 8, Breitbart News reported that Michaud was supported by Gabby Giffords.)

In Senate races, gun control Senator Mark Udall (D-CO) was defeated by NRA-endorsed Cory Gardner ® and gun control Senator Kay Hagan (D-NC) was defeated by NRA-endorsed Thom Tillis ®. In Kansas, NRA-endorsed Senator Pat Roberts ® won. In Georgia, NRA-endorsed Senatorial candidate David Perdue ® won. In Arkansas, NRA-endorsed Tom Cotton ® won. And in West Virginia, NRA-endorsed Shelley Moore Capito ® won, marking the first time that state has sent a Republican Senator to Washington DC in over five decades. 

The spotlight was also on the race between NRA-endorsed Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and pro-gun control challenger Alison Grimes (D). McConnell won handily. 

NRA-endorsed Senatorial candidate Joni Ernst (R-IA) also won. 

On November 3—the day before the elections took place—Breitbart News reminded red state and pro-Second Amendment voters to vote like their guns depended on it. They did. And as result, the Second Amendment won the day, Republicans won the Senate, and gun control took a beating.

I find it a shame that Obamacare and things like Dodd Frank were not opposed as vigorously, we all know that they are just as much an affront to a system that is supposedly dedicated to the preservastion of liberty, but alas.

My question for discussion.  Since your plans were thwarted so sounldly in the "public arena", what kind of plans for further gun control would you like to see implemented by the shadow government, or the bureaucracy?  Or the courts?

I wish the people of NY would get on board.

One of my neighbors cornered me at an informal cocktail party Halloween night. He didn't know I shot.

"You have a GUN?"

"A gun?" "No, multiple...5 or 6 I think." Why, would you like to come to the range?

He went on to rant about why do you neeeeeeeed so many guns and how the founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves and you don't need a semi automatic for hunting and blah blah blah blah blah.

Then he told me that he's as conservative as they come, but....and more blah blah blah blah blah.

I'm half tempted to sign him up for an NRA membership. :laugh:

I wish the people of NY would get on board.

One of my neighbors cornered me at an informal cocktail party Halloween night. He didn't know I shot.

"You have a GUN?"

"A gun?" "No, multiple...5 or 6 I think." Why, would you like to come to the range?

He went on to rant about why do you neeeeeeeed so many guns and how the founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves and you don't need a semi automatic for hunting and blah blah blah blah blah.

Then he told me that he's as conservative as they come, but....and more blah blah blah blah blah.

I'm half tempted to sign him up for an NRA membership. :laugh:

any way we could goad you into being totally tempted? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish'nmagician View Post

you don't know if you have 5 or 6 guns?

Your cause was soundly repudiated at the ballot box.  What do you think might be a good tactic to continue the fight and further restrict the Second Amendment?

You know I mentioned the courts, but even the courts have not been very kind to your struggle in the last several years.

What do you think?

Actually the Republicans were "repudiated" with all the new faces coming in. They want the Republicans to

put the Tea Nuts in step so they can get out from under their radical agenda. They're already at each other

as far as agendas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TatonkaJames View Post

Actually the Republicans were "repudiated" with all the new faces coming in. They want the Republicans to

put the Tea Nuts in step so they can get out from under their radical agenda. They're already at each other

as far as agendas.

Since your plans were thwarted so soundly in the "public arena", what kind of plans for further gun control would you like to see implemented by the shadow government, or the bureaucracy?  Or the courts?

Since your plans were thwarted so soundly in the "public arena", what kind of plans for further gun control would you like to see implemented by the shadow government, or the bureaucracy? Or the courts?

Nope, not my plans, I don't carry water for either party like you do. I'm free of their lying, controlling ways. Ted Cruz is already out there looking to gain the high ground.

Boehner is getting his ducks in line to oppose him and the radical right. Watch it unfold in the months and years ahead. Then I'll repost this to show you how broken

the system is.

If gun control is most important on your mind, we are surly lost as a nation when there are more pressing issues to be addressed.

Nope, not my plans, I don't carry water for either party like you do. I'm free of their lying, controlling ways. Ted Cruz is already out there looking to gain the high ground.

Boehner is getting his ducks in line to oppose him and the radical right. Watch it unfold in the months and years ahead. Then I'll repost this to show you how broken

the system is.

If gun control is most important on your mind, we are surly lost as a nation when there are more pressing issues to be addressed.

That's not broken. That is the system working as designed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TatonkaJames View Post

the system is.

Excellent answer!