Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pure Fisherman

Berkeley Pier - Stripers

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

10/08/14

I ended up catching two shaker bass on live anchovies.

10/27/14

I got to the pier and noticed that my favorite spot was taken.  I moved a bit further down the pier and set-up shop.  I ended up losing a keeper-sized striped bass that looked to be 20"+.  The fish came unbuttoned as soon as I reached for the crab net.

10/28/14

I went back to the same spot where I had lost the bass the previous night and soaked anchovies.  After a few hours of nothing, I moved to my favorite spot since it was available.   I hurried over and ended up catching my first keeper bass of the year on live anchovies.  Afraid that I would lose the fish by reaching for the net, I heaved the fish onto the pier.

11/4/14

After the last few outings, I kind of knew where the bass were hanging around.  About 3 hours before the top of the tide, I landed another keeper that was slightly bigger than the last.

I have only one more fish to catch on my list.  Although it is highly unlikely that I catch it, you never know.  That's the great thing about fishing.  You never know what you're going to catch.

Leopark shark

Bat ray

Smooth-hound shark

Striped bass

California halibut

I suppose that there will now be 20,000 anglers on the pier now but nice catch. Being they close that side of the bay to boat fishing the stripers are heading to their favorite holding spots and night fishing didn't hurt any :confused::D