Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dannyplug1

Carolina rig worms

19 posts in this topic

With he striper situation so bad I have been going back to my refresh water roots. I have been reading up on worm fishing with a Carolina rig. The artical talked of using a floating worm. What brand of worm would you guys recommend with the Carolina rig? Thanks Charlie

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyplug1 View Post

With he striper situation so bad I have been going back to my refresh water roots. I have been reading up on worm fishing with a Carolina rig. The artical talked of using a floating worm. What brand of worm would you guys recommend with the Carolina rig? Thanks Charlie

the zoom trick worms pumpkin green  and same style worm with red fleck.  Sometimes those are

a bit long and i have begun using finesse type worms

I haven't fished the carolina rig but plan on it.

I have read in more than one article when lmb are slow hitting, to downsize lures  or worms and

fish slow on the bottom.  

depending on depth bass are I often fish a worm without a weight.  They sink pretty well without

weights.

okie angler

For the Carolina rig my first choice is the  Rage Tail Thumper.  After that, the Zoom Trick worm and Zoom Speed worm.  I'll also use a Yamamoto Kreature, Zoom Super Fluke, Rage Tail Space Monkey or  KVD Caffiene Shad now and then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie Angler View Post

Used purple a lot in past

didn't fish a few yrs

bought purple few days ago

was "the" color in past

okie

When I first started fishing plastics in the 70's  the Creme worm was THE worm, purple was THE color.  There are hundreds of colors now and I often wonder whether the nuances between them make much of a difference.  That said I've had the best results with green pumpkin, watermelon, black and junebug (which looks a lot like purple)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianSnat View Post

When I first started fishing plastics in the 70's  the Creme worm was THE worm, purple was THE color.  There are hundreds of colors now and I often wonder whether the nuances between them make much of a difference.  That said I've had the best results with green pumpkin, watermelon, black and junebug (which looks a lot like purple)

I remember that well when creme worm came out.  Seemed strange.  I didn't fish it for awhile

silly me    i was young    younger

what can i say

okie

I haven't use a Carolina rig in a long time but I had a Brown with yellow spotted worm I'd like to say Crème made but I really cant remember. That silly looking worm accounted for a lot of fish . Don't know if they are still available I'd pick up a few again and throw them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunker86 View Post

IMO... the best worm ever made is a 7" black Power Worm. For any rigging, time of year, or weather front. And the stink still catches.

:clap:  Yup!  I just go with the 10in. because bigger is better, and a 6in. lmb will still try to inhale it.  I always use an extra wide gap hook and, sometimes thread the eye of the hook into the worm about an inch past the tip of the worm if the fish are short striking..