Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saltydawg

In states where pot is legal...

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post

how do they enforce DUI laws? I have always wondered that. Are there field sobriety tests that work for marijuana impairment?

As far as I know, they are the same as always. Which means you can't do it. Problem is if they pull you over for :airquote:something:airquote: the only test is blood or urine which is useless to

indicate if you are CURRENTLY high. BUT guess what?? THAT'S what they use .. So, if you got high last week, you can be DUI today :(

So that's the issue I was wondering about. We have some pretty simple guidelines for drinking. No more than a beer-per-hour-ish if you want to drive. We know how long you have to wait until you have processed your beer, and the BAC test is pretty standardized where citizens and enforcement understand it. But the pot thing seems like complete guesswork for both the citizens and the officers.

Its just a matter of a field sobriety test you fail you go to jail. Th hey don't need to provide what you were messed up on. For to be charged with a DUI.

What does the field sobriety test entail?

You mean a physical test or blowing into the breathalizer?

Its just a matter of a field sobriety test you fail you go to jail. Th hey don't need to provide what you were messed up on. For to be charged with a DUI.

What does the field sobriety test entail?

You mean a physical test or blowing into the breathalizer?

The physical test. Its a matter of driving impaired. Doesn't matter if its from alcohol, weed or sleeping pills. You can't pass you can be charged with DUI.

Under House Bill 1114, the answer is five nanograms. If a blood screen detects five or more nanograms of THC (that's delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis) per milliliter of blood in a person's bloodstream, that individual is considered legally under the influence of drugs. Washington has also set its intoxication limit at five nanograms per milliliter.

If you have a roach smoldering in the ashtray they get an easy DUI conviction. They can charge you with whatever they want and let you sort it out in court. In MA with no accident they likely would offer a plea deal right off the bat as where with alcohol it's a slam dunk if you take the breathalyzer and fail. Nobody they can prove was driving ever gets out of a DUI after they take a breathalyzer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twilson615 View Post

If you have a roach smoldering in the ashtray they get an easy DUI conviction. They can charge you with whatever they want and let you sort it out in court. In MA with no accident they likely would offer a plea deal right off the bat as where with alcohol it's a slam dunk if you take the breathalyzer and fail. Nobody they can prove was driving ever gets out of a DUI after they take a breathalyzer.

except if you slam a bottle/joint right when the cop walks up. "that was my first drink your honor, ask the officer, he saw me"