Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bat guano

Chris Matthews: Obama 'Acts Like There's No Other World Out There' But His

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

0.jpg

Deaf or aloof?  Deaf and aloof...Remember the open mike statement to the Russians about having more flexibility after the election? He is going to do what ever he can to change the country,elections be damned,I hope the R's can show some backbone on issues of substance .

I fully expect them to compromise when they should not,then go off on a election loosing issue like school lunches.

Wresting defeat from the jaws of victory in 16,they may make Hilliary seem palatable.

MSNBC host Chris Matthews expressed dismay over President Obama’s post-election press conference on Wednesday, calling him entirely deaf to the millions of Americans who voted against his plan to grant executive amnesty for as many as 6 million illegal immigrants. 

“The people, if you look at the polling, their problem is illegal immigration,” he said. “He says, 'I’m going to fix the problem.’ He doesn’t mean he’s gonna stop illegal immigration. He’s not going to do anything to stop illegal hiring, which is the magnet for illegal immigration, really. He’s going to basically say, 'I’m going to deal with them by giving them green cards.’”

“What bothered me about him tonight — he keeps talking about common ground,” Matthews said. “Damnit, there’s very little common ground between left and right! But what there is, is compromise.”

“There’s something in this guy that just plays to his constituency, and acts like there’s no other world out there,” the MSNBC host lamented. “And that’s going to be a collision at the end of this year like you’ve never seen. I do believe it’s will be waving a red flag in front of the bull. I think Mitch McConnell’s headed for a fight with the president.”

Text icon_text-less.jpg icon_text-more.jpg 

Deaf or aloof?  Deaf and aloof...Remember the open mike statement to the Russians about having more flexibility after the election? He is going to do what ever he can to change the country,elections be damned,I hope the R's can show some backbone on issues of substance .

I fully expect them to compromise when they should not,then go off on a election loosing issue like school lunches.

Wresting defeat from the jaws of victory in 16,they may make Hilliary seem palatable.

MSNBC host Chris Matthews expressed dismay over President Obama’s post-election press conference on Wednesday, calling him entirely deaf to the millions of Americans who voted against his plan to grant executive amnesty for as many as 6 million illegal immigrants. 

“The people, if you look at the polling, their problem is illegal immigration,” he said. “He says, 'I’m going to fix the problem.’ He doesn’t mean he’s gonna stop illegal immigration. He’s not going to do anything to stop illegal hiring, which is the magnet for illegal immigration, really. He’s going to basically say, 'I’m going to deal with them by giving them green cards.’”

“What bothered me about him tonight — he keeps talking about common ground,” Matthews said. “Damnit, there’s very little common ground between left and right! But what there is, is compromise.”

“There’s something in this guy that just plays to his constituency, and acts like there’s no other world out there,” the MSNBC host lamented. “And that’s going to be a collision at the end of this year like you’ve never seen. I do believe it’s will be waving a red flag in front of the bull. I think Mitch McConnell’s headed for a fight with the president.”

BG msnbc is barely on the charts. Chris Matthews is not their star performer either. He is a clown with less feel for the reality of life and will forever be days late and many dollars short when trying to handle the issues from the bubble he lives in.

[FLOAT=RIGHT]

Text

[url=]icon_text-more.jpg

[/FLOAT]

Lots of consequences. There is a good article on msnbc about the GOP having amassed quite a bit of diverse young star power over the past few elections. The dems have nothing other than Hillary. Should one of the soft spots in her head or her dark little heart let go, the bench is thin and prospects bleak.

The dem party has a crisis of leadership on its hands.

Lots of consequences. There is a good article on msnbc about the GOP having amassed quite a bit of diverse young star power over the past few elections. The dems have nothing other than Hillary. Should one of the soft spots in her head or her dark little heart let go, the bench is thin and prospects bleak.

The dem party has a crisis of leadership on its hands.

This is very true. However, election season can turn unknowns into household names. Even still, I hope the Repubs don't eff this up. We have a real shot at Rand Paul if they don't.

I agree. I have little faith they will manage it well and not screw it up.

As the article states, the GOP bench is pretty strong now down to governorship levels, and they have knocked off some of the potential national names of the D party. I personally think its going to take a while for the dems to recover and restock their shelves. They desperately need Hillary to give them that time.

Elections have consequences, it is now time for the Republicans to govern or not.

too bad the Dems didn't understand that.....they would have kept the majority, NO? :waah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post

This is very true. However, election season can turn unknowns into household names. Even still, I hope the Repubs don't eff this up. We have a real shot at Rand Paul if they don't.

I am not sure if you are trolling here or not.  But I'll bite regardless.  He isnt his father, but he is as close to what is needed as we've seen at that level in a long while.  

I wouldnt have to hold my nose for that vote.