Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
basenjib123

Keystone Pipeline...

Rate this topic

108 posts in this topic

I know this is asking a lot but I would like to hear none bias opinions on how the Keystone Pipeline (assuming it does get built now) will effect prices here in the US?

Google "Bakken connector to Keystone", do some reading and form your own conclusions.

I know this is asking a lot but I would like to hear none bias opinions on how the Keystone Pipeline (assuming it does get built now) will effect prices here in the US?

The current lower price at the pump is because the mid east players have been having a price war. The Keystone pipeline will allow oil from a friendly neighbor reduce our need for far east oil and reduce the price accordingly. A simple supply and demand equation.

Is this answer the none bias opinion you were searching for?

It will create jobs and facilitate the safe transport of oil. I approve of this project.

Smart man! More supply and less demand = lower prices

I don't see it having much effect on price but what it will be is another cog in the machine that will get us off of foreign oil.

The sooner we do that the stronger we will be as a nation.

The current lower price at the pump is because the mid east players have been having a price war. The Keystone pipeline will allow oil from a friendly neighbor reduce our need for far east oil and reduce the price accordingly. A simple supply and demand equation.

Is this answer the none bias opinion you were searching for?

Aren't we already getting that oil?

My wife's brother just started a new job about 8 -10 months ago at the refinery in Philly working on a newly started project unloading oil that is coming in via rail car. Isn't that the oil that would otherwise be coming via the pipeline?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finster View Post

My wife's brother just started a new job about 8 -10 months ago at the refinery in Philly working on a newly started project unloading oil that is coming in via rail car. Isn't that the oil that would otherwise be coming via the pipeline?

Koch Brothers bad.  Warren Buffet good.

Keystone will have almost no impact on gas or oil prices. I recall reading a Forbes article that said it might even increase prices.

Dude, You seem to recall a lot? I read Forbes and I don't recall that article. Could you find it and post it. I think we all could benefit from a review of the reasons it would increase the cost of the Canadian oil.

Finster,

Ask your brother where that oil is coming from. The Tar Sand region in Canada is the place the Keystone Projects is focused on. We get oil from canada from other oil deposits located in other parts of Canada. The most efficient and cost effective transportation for liquids is by pipe lines. The labor cost of filling and emptying endless tank cars of oil is off the charts compared to moving the oil by train.

Those labor, equipment purchase and maintenance costs generated by rail road shipment will increase the price at the pump.

Why are the Unions in favor of Keystone? many Democrats are in favor of it as well. In lock step with their big labor supporters. Obama and the Tree hugger faction is against it.

Dude, You seem to recall a lot? I read Forbes and I don't recall that article. Could you find it and post it. I think we all could benefit from a review of the reasons it would increase the cost of the Canadian oil.

Literally 30seconds on Google to find it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2013/08/25/what-is-wrong-with-the-keystone-xl-pipeline/

Oh yeah! I remember now. You mean the one written by this individual.

Full Bio

I have been a scientist in the field of the earth and environmental sciences for 33 years, specializing in geologic disposal of nuclear waste, energy-related research, subsurface transport and environmental clean-up of heavy metals. I consult on strategic planning for the DOE, EPA/State environmental agencies, and industry including companies that own nuclear, hydro, wind farms, large solar arrays, coal and gas plants. I also consult for EPA/State environmental agencies and industry on clean-up of heavy metals from soil and water. For over 20 years I have been a member of Sierra Club, Greenpeace, the NRDC, the Environmental Defense Fund and many others, as well as professional societies including the America Nuclear Society, the American Chemical Society and the American Association of Petroleum Geologists.

Contact James Conca

I wrote his opine off when I saw Sierra Club, Greenpeace, the NRDC and the Environmental Defense Fund. A paid mouth peace for the tree huggers isn't exactly a source that is objective.

There are so many conflicting stories I think a non-biased perspective is impossible to find. Reality is much of this oil is going to a free trade zone where international buyers can buy it without paying US taxes. The distribution of the oil will be done by oil companies. I suppose it would be great to think their first priority will be achieving energy independence for America, but that's about as naive as it gets. This oil will go where it can get them the biggest profits, that's why it's called a business. 

There are so many conflicting stories I think a non-biased perspective is impossible to find. Reality is much of this oil is going to a free trade zone where international buyers can buy it without paying US taxes. The distribution of the oil will be done by oil companies. I suppose it would be great to think their first priority will be achieving energy independence for America, but that's about as naive as it gets. This oil will go where it can get them the biggest profits, that's why it's called a business. 

Yes, I have concluded that myself.