Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scrapes

Another rescue......

13 posts in this topic

New Jersey State Police Marine Troopers Rescue Kayaker in Barnegat Bay

Sergeant Paul Rodemann and Trooper Christopher Menello rescued a kayaker who was struggling stay afloat in Barnegat Bay after a large wake caused his kayak to take on water and capsize.

Bruce Parker, 51, of Browns Mills, N.J., lost his life jacket when he fell into the water at approximately 4 p.m. on Tuesday, November 4. 

He was able to retrieve his cell phone from inside his kayak and call for help.

When troopers arrived, Parker was struggling to stay afloat due to fatigue and cold water temperatures.

The troopers pulled Parker onto their vessel and provided him with dry clothes to prevent the onset of hypothermia. He was then relayed to Barnegat Municipal Ramp where he denied any further medical treatment.

This another example of the great work our Marine Services Bureau does, and an outstanding job by Sergeant Rodemann and Trooper Menello!

yeah, dont wear that PFD, nothing ever happens, dry suit....pfft.....jeans, hoodie, thats all I need......with the popularity of kayak fishing the level of intelligence drops respectively as sales go up

couldn't agree more... i enjoy kayak fishing.. however i have been noticing a total lack of respect by some kayakers regarding the weather they go out in and their proximity to boats. In my mind, when i am in the kayak i am in the boaters world and it is my job to stay clear of boats. 

The weather is changing and water getting cold we can't under estimate the fact that we need to wear a dry suit and a life jacket a must at all time, 2 way radio is a must to for emergency.

Thank God  the guy was safe.

The weather is changing and water getting cold we can't under estimate the fact that we need to wear a dry suit and a life jacket a must at all time, 2 way radio is a must to for emergency.

Thank God  the guy was safe.

True. At this time of year, if dumping your kayak means that you are going to be soaking wet, then you should be done for the season.

I just don t understand 51 year old grown man being young and stupid is one thing but I man of 51 years old if there is a god I hope his genes weren t passes on

You're assuming natural selection wasn't wiped out 25+ years ago with the advent of 911 and skilled emergency workers and fast response times. I would say it's almost difficult to get killed by stupidity any more, and yes the dumb people are fast outbreeding the intelligent people. Just watch Idiocracy, it's all there in a farcical and hilarious manner but I can't help but feel there's a lot of truth in it.