Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HookEmZ

Shoud I stay or should i go?????

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I was fishing for stripers last night and using bunker and clam. I caught a couple short ling and a bunch of skates and sharks. When that happens....should i leave or continue to fish?

Same thing yesterday for me was out from 5am-4pm skates and sharks everywhere. Throwing fresh clams and fresh bunker chunks, soon as they would start Id start throwing plugs-T-hex's-swim shads and nada. Really worked for it yesterday and nothing. I was kind of relieved to hear only one bass from the surf all day in Brig.....

i was out yesterday morning, ss l.i., 6: am till noon chunking fresh bunker, thought it was gonna be be good..... nada, nothing, zip, not a tap...ouch!!!.. oh well still had a good time, love being there. the fish is just a bonus... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HookEmZ View Post

I was fishing for stripers last night and using bunker and clam. I caught a couple short ling and a bunch of skates and sharks. When that happens....should i leave or continue to fish?

Those short ling may be spotted hake. They're tasty and make a good sandwich or taco. I'd keep a couple.

I'd try another spot if that's all the action you're seeing.