Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b-ware

Fall Chores

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

shoot two deer for the freezer ,pull the boat of the moring,winterize two outboards, one inboard,clean and grease 5 reels,fix to poles...ect ect.I save the small stuff for when its snowin and blowin....after plowing that is

Finish building my 8 weight. Get up to Maine and cover the boat. Oh yeah and rake leaves and drain the water. Stack a couple more tons of pellets. Tie 100 more bonefish flies. Put up the shutters and make sure the propane stove is working before ski season. Maybe get around to that knee surgery, probably not....

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-ware View Post

Put away the ACs today, like I've said for the past five years or so "If we are still here next year, it's going to be cental air and thats final".......

Yep! The bi-annual AC ritual cost justifies my inversion table every year...

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-ware View Post

Put away the ACs today, like I've said for the past five years or so "If we are still here next year, it's going to be cental air and thats final".......

Aren't you in a camper all summer?

At any rate, if you only need to cool a few rooms look into a mini-split system. Can't believe how well it cools my 24 X 16 high ceiling great room. Spills over to a couple of nearby rooms as well. And it heats too. Only thing I've been running so far this fall. Very nice not to have to start the woodstove just to take the chill off.

Tackle is cleaned up and put away, (well somewhat) leaves are done, house is pressure washed still have to..........................
wait for the wife to tell me what to do

Aren't you in a camper all summer?

At any rate, if you only need to cool a few rooms look into a mini-split system. Can't believe how well it cools my 24 X 16 high ceiling great room. Spills over to a couple of nearby rooms as well. And it heats too. Only thing I've been running so far this fall. Very nice not to have to start the woodstove just to take the chill off.

Hey Matt, unfortunately no, Debby still works so we commute most weekends and besides the kitties have to live in comfort. My buddy just had a system similer to that installed but it cools his whole house.