Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

I wont come in here and gloat like a child

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Here is what happened last night, voters elected the party they like the least to run the government body they trust the least, however the Republicans will not see it this way.

I am sure they will believe this vote was a mandate for ultra right wing legislation and will push the Tea Party agenda which will result in another swing in two years.

BTW, it still takes 60 votes to pass anything in the US Senate.

nipsip,

you can spin it any way you want,

but it won't change the fact they won.

so don't try.

the focus should be put on what the GOP does with Congress for the next two years.

and evaluate the heading they are choosing in the run up to the next election.

Here is what happened last night, voters elected the party they like the least to run the government body they trust the least, however the Republicans will not see it this way.

I am sure they will believe this vote was a mandate for ultra right wing legislation and will push the Tea Party agenda which will result in another swing in two years.

I think Harry Reid is gonna be feeling a little nuclear option fall-out.

You keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night.

Both parties should take this as a mandate from the American people that it is time to stop F'ing around and do the job they were elected to do......... like thats going to happen...:D

like we saw after obama won his last election. because im smart enough to realize that we're still screwed. have a good day.

So, you did end up deciding to vote yesterday??

Both parties should take this as a mandate from the American people that it is time to stop F'ing around and do the job they were elected to do......... like thats going to happen...:D

Yep. The Republican approval is very low, too. So now it's time to address issues that are not partisan--those that both parties have been kicking down the road for too long. Of course, we will see demonstration votes, certainly some on Obamacare, but hopefully they will spur positive legislation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipsip View Post

The Democrat's stanglehold on the country has brought us one of the most destructive periods in US history in terms of economics, security, govt integrity and public opinion around the world, yet you think it was great. Republicans surfed a wave that brought Senate control, increased control over the House and governorships all over the place, the likes of which we haven't seen in 50 years. Yet, you think the voters overwhelmingly supported the party they like the least??? Wherever you come from must be a very bizarre place. 

And I think the republicans are going to be very happy to roll up their sleeves and start writing legislation. Then the democrats will weep and wail and gnash their teeth and try to convince everyone that whatever legislation they pass is horrible stuff and continue with their failed class warfare propaganda. I don't think people are going to be falling for that worn out dodge, though. They wouldn't have gotten the boot if America thought democrats were trustworthy.

That makes absolutely no sense.