Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimmyJam

Foiled Two-Piece Sinking Needle

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

It's been a while since I've built and posted here. Tthanks to builders like Skip, Daniel, Keith, Bodega Bay Joe, Jiggy and countless other posters. I couldn't have gotten to this point without all the inspirational builders who've come and gone over the years.

Here's the deets:

• 8"
  • 2 3/4 oz (fast-level sinking)
  • Yellow Birch
  • Foiled, Epoxied, Painted, Epoxied, Epoxied. ;)

Here's the idea:

There are productive places where I fish in Jersey where it's sandy beaches and nothing more.Once those sand eels roll in (hopefully), instead of throwing metal, I wanted something that casted like a pencil (which it does), sinks level, and digs through or just above the sand. The two piece gives it some nice wag, and the foil with olives really sells the eel appearance and gives it some flash.

Hope you enjoy.

you are very talented beautiful lure. something like is going to motivate me to make my own lures. I hope my lures come out half as nice as yours and I would be happy.............. 

Crazy, right Nick? Squid, but no sand eels.

I saw some sand eels one or two days this fall but nothing like it's been in years past.

Here's another one I just finished:

Thanks so much to everybody, btw.

No secrets here, always feel to ask sytheteacher. It's a really rewarding hobby once you get past the initial expenses and learning curve.

Don't go super expensive. I use a 15 dollar air gun and 1.50 apple barrel paints.

Perhaps it was this one ?

The finished version (Brazilian Rosewood clear coated)) was donated to the chinese auction table at one of the Food Flings a few years ago