Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

I think I'm with Sarah Palin on This One...

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

Short and to the point.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/sarah-palin-2014-midterm-reaction-112576.html

Sarah Palin: It wasn’t a vote for the GOP

By: Kendall Breitman

November 5, 2014 05:58 AM EST

Sarah Palin took to Facebook early Wednesday morning to caution jubilant Republicans that voters cast ballots against Washington dysfunction, not necessarily for the GOP.

“The Democrats got mauled today, deservedly so,” Palin writes. “To prohibit that from happening to the GOP in 2016, it must learn the lesson from the last time Republicans held the Senate majority.”

She continued, “This time they must not retreat, and it’s our responsibility to hold them accountable.”

While Palin congratulated the winners and said that the midterm elections sent a message to President Barack Obama that was “undeniably received,” the former Alaskan governor and vice presidential candidate noted that Americans were voting against D.C, not for Republicans.

“Now, new Republican Congressional majority in the House and Senate, please realize that Americans were not necessarily voting FOR any party; they were voting AGAINST the continued dysfunction and corruption in D.C.,” her Facebook post reads. “We the People were saying 'enough is enough’ to the scandals, crony capitalism, and utter lack of leadership in Washington.”

Negative advertising works. People are far more likely to vote against something than for something. Problem with the new Republican senate will be to get a majority of Republicans to agree on anything.

Negative advertising works. People are far more likely to vote against something than for something. Problem with the new Republican senate will be to get a majority of Republicans to agree on anything.

They all agree Christie is fat !

It's a bad sign when right wingers start quoting the wisdom of Palin.....

And what was your specific problem with the wisdom of Palin. What part of her message do you think is foolish? Be explicit.

as I stated,

my problem is with quoting a dim bulb.

she is a sideshow, she's not a political leader.

Not everything that the Reverend Al says is without merit,

but I won't quote the things he is right about, 

simply because he's the one that said it.

as I stated,

ad hominem. Just because you have nothing but contempt for the author doesn't mean that the author is wrong or that the message isn't wise. This is just your Palin Derangement Syndrome on display.

as I stated,

do you disagree with what she said, though? i would be surprised if you did.

ad hominem. Just because you have nothing but contempt for the author doesn't mean that the author is wrong or that the message isn't wise. This is just your Palin Derangement Syndrome on display.

Give the man a cigar. And she is right on the money. As she often is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Williams View Post

ad hominem. Just because you have nothing but contempt for the author doesn't mean that the author is wrong or that the message isn't wise. 

"wise"?!!?

aside from "wise" I don't disagree with you,

in fact I already admitted to it.

I think I made it clear I have contempt for Palin and laugh at someone for quoting her,

just as I would not quote the Reverend Al,

even when he says something accurate.

and I would not suggest anyone who dismisses the Reverend Al as a knee jerk reaction to be suffering from a derangement syndrome,

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishweewee View Post

“The Democrats got mauled today, deservedly so,” Palin writes. “To prohibit that from happening to the GOP in 2016, it must learn the lesson from the last time Republicans held the Senate majority.”

She continued, “This time they must not retreat, and it’s our responsibility to hold them accountable.”

“Now, new Republican Congressional majority in the House and Senate, please realize that Americans were not necessarily voting FOR any party; they were voting AGAINST the continued dysfunction and corruption in D.C.,” her Facebook post reads. “We the People were saying 'enough is enough’ to the scandals, crony capitalism, and utter lack of leadership in Washington.”

what part of her quotes was she right about?

or displays "wisdom" for having said?

ad hominem. Just because you have nothing but contempt for the author doesn't mean that the author is wrong or that the message isn't wise. 

"wise"?!!?

aside from "wise" I don't disagree with you,

in fact I already admitted to it.

I think I made it clear I have contempt for Palin and laugh at someone for quoting her,

just as I would not quote the Reverend Al,

even when he says something accurate.

and I would not suggest anyone who dismisses the Reverend Al as a knee jerk reaction to be suffering from a derangement syndrome,

The knee-jerk reaction to anything related to Palin is a clear case of PDS. Six years have passed and the symptoms still persist.

what part of her quotes was she right about?

or displays "wisdom" for having said?

What do you disagree with or think was foolish?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Williams View Post

The knee-jerk reaction to anything related to Palin is a clear case of PDS. Six years have passed and the symptoms still persist.

I have a knee jerk negative reaction to Sarah Palin.

I think most reasonable people do.

Most people I know have a negative knee jerk reaction to the Rev. Al.

I think that most reasonable people do.

If you are dismissive of something that the Rev. Al said, simply because he said it.

I wouldn't say you have SDS......

So should I assume this means you find Palin to be a credible person?