Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gmofftarki

Anyone care to guess what will happen to the "Nuclear" rules change?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Will Reid reverse his "Nuclear" option himself or let the Republicans either A. use it against him/B. rescind it themselves during the next congressional session?

I think B would be the most painful of all options to the "Ends justify the means" left.

There's going to be pressure on Ginsberg and Breyer to step down so a younger, but equally progressive candidate can lock in the SCOTUS spot for the next 40 years, so Reid's going to keep it until that happens. Will they reverse it before the Senate switches hands?

EDIT: Nuclear option kept 60 person vote to end filibuster on SCOTUS candidate, which I'd forgotten, so that's not a factor.

Will Reid reverse his "Nuclear" option himself or let the Republicans either A. use it against him/B. rescind it themselves during the next congressional session?

I think B would be the most painful of all options to the "Ends justify the means" left.

There's going to be pressure on Ginsberg and Breyer to step down so a younger, but equally progressive candidate can lock in the SCOTUS spot for the next 40 years, so Reid's going to keep it until that happens. Will they reverse it before the Senate switches hands?

technically, the rule never changed.

the Dems just made up the rule to change the rule and everyone, unfortunately, went along with it.

With a Dem president there's no real reason to do anything, they can stop his appointments with a straight up or down vote.

Dems have one coming, but the GOP will keep it's powder dry for now.