Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HanoverStriper

Shimano Tiralejo

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Anyone on the ma forum fishing one? Looking for a replacement for the 2-6 legend. Would love to get some reviews. I would use it for jigging, big plugs, and big eels. I'm considering the 11'.

Its a beast of a rod. I haven't tried jiggin with it but i dont think you would have any problems with it at all. Good for BIG wood, i didnt try throwing eels with it, i have a feeling there would be a few ripped lips.

I don't own one but I test casted it. It is some where between the century 1327 and 1328. It would be fine for 2-5oz jigging the canal. It has a stronger tip, mid and lower section than the legend 2-6. Compare to the legend it would be a step up for a jigging rod if you prefer less parabolic in the blank. But to me I would not consider the lengend 2-6 as a jigging Rod but a plugging Rod for the canal because I jig 2-7.5oz.

For swimming plugs, the legend 2-6 would be better just because it is 6" shorter and the blank is thinner on the bottom half compared to the 11' tiralejo. I personal feel a 11' Rod is bit too much for swimming plugs due to my height 5'7".

I don't fish eels so no feedback on that.

go test cast one. M&D carry them but I think Mike is out hunting so u have to look around.

Good luck.

My kid got one as soon as Mike got them in. He loves it. Good for jigging the canal and for throwing pencils. He also throws SP's with it with no problem. I think it will be my next rod.

Thanks for the feedback guys. young, very helpful, thanks! I too am vertically challenged, even more than you, so getting a good back cast at the canal can be tough. I went into Red Top today and checked them out. Nice feel to them, but a bit beefier than I expected. Also found out that TFO is coming out with an 11' 3-8oz this year, so it's another option I'm considering. Thanks again guys!

If u are looking for other option, you should definitely check out fiberstar marauder mb-1327 11' rated 1-5oz or the predator SB-1267 10'-6" 2-6oz.

I dont have either but have the mb-1329.

Thanks for the feedback guys. young, very helpful, thanks! I too am vertically challenged, even more than you, so getting a good back cast at the canal can be tough. I went into Red Top today and checked them out. Nice feel to them, but a bit beefier than I expected. Also found out that TFO is coming out with an 11' 3-8oz this year, so it's another option I'm considering. Thanks again guys!

I think I heard Shimano is coming out with another 11ft next season which will be a bit lighter action.

No complaints with the TFO 10'6" 2-8oz model.

I regularly jig 4 and 5oz and it also tosses 2.5-3oz pencils with ease.

For $199 I'm pleased. Looking fwd to seeing the 11' model.

I used my buddy's 10'6" a few weeks back and liked it a lot. From what I understand, the original rating was 2-8, and they dropped it to 2-6. That is the only reason why I am interested in the 11' coming out. I want to feel comfortable throwing 5 with rubber.

The 10.5' 2-8 TFO is probably what I'll get if my Lami ever breaks. ;) Good length for me, plus I rarely jig more than 4 oz. And the price is a great value.

-bd

I've had my 10'6" 2-8 TFO for two years now and love it. I'll throw 4oz with rubber with no problem. Works pencils nice and throws SP's just fine. Using an Em Pro 5500 with it.