Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RJ

The Senate is in play

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Georgia is Republican in the Senate. Deal wins for the Gop as Gov. of GA. Jimmy Carter's Grandson loses. Kansas stays Republican in the senate. Landrew was tied and a run of is scheduled. Udahl loses Alaska. Gov. in Mich. Wisconsin and Ohio hold the line against the best the dems could bring against them.

All seats the Republicans were defending are safe in the senate and the House. the house has gained ten republican seats.

Staten Island Mike Grimm ® wins his seat with 20 federal charges hanging over his head. We have a Charlie Rangle ledgend in progress in Staten Island. ;)

CO, IA & NC the Dem firewalls could go republican. CO has fallen and it is close in IA & NC.

More to come.

Republican Shelley Moore Capito soundly defeated Democrat Natalie Tennant to win West Virginia's open U.S. Senate seat Tuesday, a key victory in Republicans' push to seize a majority from Democrats.

And another one's GONE!

Friggin' Joe Biden is a riot. What a favor he did the Republicans by outing Orman as a Democrat in Kansas. Hilarious. I'm starting to love the guy.

You think Orman will be sending Biden a Christmas card?

can anybody explain to me why in Louisiana there are two Republicans running against 5 or 6 democrats for the same seat? in the senate?

Now there is to be a run off?

What system do they use down there?

Friggin' Joe Biden is a riot. What a favor he did the Republicans by outing Orman as a Democrat in Kansas. Hilarious. I'm starting to love the guy.

You think Orman will be sending Biden a Christmas card?

7 senate seats have fallen to the Republicans and NC, AK and LA are additional possibilities. LANDSLIDE! The 340 House bills that Harry Reid buried just became viable.

The Dems lose the IL Gov. Seat to A Republican

MI, WI, OH and IL now have Republicans as Gov.s

A Wave Election.

Scott Walker kicked azz 3 times in a row. the DEMS have spent over $100,000,000.00 to defeat him in the past 3 elections.

Charlie Beats Martha for Duval's seat. MA will now have a Republican Gov. How dumb were the party hacks to run her for Gov. Scott Brown beat her like a rug and the Dems brought her forward to lose again.

Seriously, those dudes need to throw that game plan away.

can anybody explain to me why in Louisiana there are two Republicans running against 5 or 6 democrats for the same seat? in the senate?

Now there is to be a run off?

What system do they use down there?

Louisiana has a unique non-partisan "jungle primary" electoral system, meaning that all candidates run on the same ballot on November 4 instead of holding separate party primaries in advance of the general election. The rules of the “jungle primary” dictate that if no one candidate receives over 50 percent of the vote in the general election, the two candidates with the most votes advance to a runoff election.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartopper View Post

Keystone Pipeline

Is that really notable?

I think the GOP has over sold the economic impact and it became more of a rally cry than anything else,

I was thinking more bills of substance.

real changes of direction stuff as it were.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartopper View Post

Yes, notable. Of substance, that can be argued. But you asked "notable". There has been much debate, press coverage, etc. on the Keystone Pipeline bill. So, yes, notable.

I would agree.....

with that definition of notable, it counts,

but honestly if the GOP is there because "Most Americans thought we were on the wrong track" then notable to me would be bills which would have an impact on changing that direction.....

Charlie Beats Martha for Duval's seat. MA will now have a Republican Gov. How dumb were the party hacks to run her for Gov. Scott Brown beat her like a rug and the Dems brought her forward to lose again.

Seriously, those dudes need to throw that game plan away.

If any of the candidates for governor in MA had a personality, it would have been a landslide.

Hopefully an immigration bill that prohibits executive action on Amnesty and strengthens border enforcement and removals of illegal aliens.

Though it will probably not be feasible in time. O likely has a phone and a pen in his hand now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimG View Post

Hopefully an immigration bill that prohibits executive action on Amnesty and strengthens border enforcement and removals of illegal aliens.

I am a BIG supporter of shutting the borders down.

but I think a politician is forced to choose between drafting a bill that can be passed and be effective,

and blustering about a populist bill that sounds nice and tough but can't pass and wouldn't work.

Step one is getting serious about stopping the influx of NEW illegal immigrants,

step two is figuring out how to deal with those that are already here.

if they are here for a long time, and are entrenched in society,

amnesty may be the best choice.... it might not make us FEEL good, but it might make the most sense.