Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gotcow?

How Many Feel Their Vote Did Not Matter?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

For the statewide races here in Delaware my votes mean very little.  Locally, it is much different and I am interested to see how things turn out.

I'm a conservative independent and this is Connecticut.

My vote did not matter. :(

Same here for me here in Rhody....still say me .02 with my vote every time though! :)

I feel like my vote matters a little bit. Its too bad that many dont know whats going on in the world. I was working with a 24 year old today when deval patrick came on the radio and I asked him if he recognized the voice. He said no who is it and then asked who deval patrick was. A 24 year old tax payer doesnt know who the governor is of the state he lives in but he said he was going to vote after work...

I feel like my vote matters a little bit. Its too bad that many dont know whats going on in the world. I was working with a 24 year old today when deval patrick came on the radio and I asked him if he recognized the voice. He said no who is it and then asked who deval patrick was. A 24 year old tax payer doesnt know who the governor is of the state he lives in but he said he was going to vote after work...

40%

40% of voters unaware Jerry Brown is seeking another term

SFGate‎ - 2 days ago

... just one day away, a whopping 4 out of 10 voters don't even know Gov. ... Metz included the question, “As far as you know, is Gov. ... The findings: Forty-two percent of likely voters didn't know Brown was ...

Why Likely Voter Screens Are Worthless - Daily Kos

www.dailykos.c/.../-Why-Likely-Voter-Screens-Are-Worthl...

Daily Kos1 day ago - Jerry Brown is running for another term ... on a statewide survey of 457 likely voters last week. When a huge number so-called "likely voters" don't even know that the top seat in the election includes the sitting governor, what does ... When 40% of "likely" voters are this oblivious it makes you wonder what the ...

40%

I'm a conservative independent and this is Connecticut.

My vote did not matter. :(

This is the first time in a while, as a fiscally conservative independent in CT, that I've felt that my vote did matter.

It might not still go my way (indeed, it already hasn't since they're giving that idiot Esty another 2 years) but it was the closest House race in the state, and currently Foley is ahead of Dannel (sic).

I'm in NJ and the only way my vote counts for senator or president is if the Dems run a one eyed, black, lesbian with a criminal past. But wait.....we're so "trendy and fashionable" here in NJ,that would be the ideal Dem candidate!

My vote must matter......

A flyer was left in the mailbox yesterday letting me know where my polling place is, that I could vote up until 8pm, and that shuttles would be provided for those that need them.

Also had a little tidbit on it stating that " my vote helps make the middle class grow"...whatever the hell that means.

I imagine the folks that sent that would be chagrinned if they knew that I didn't pull a single democratic lever.

In reality....in 30 years of voting, I've never felt that my vote mattered.