Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zybathegeek

UNPRECEDENTED: Obama Orders Insurance Industry to Withhold New Prices Until AFTER Midterm Elections

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

There are more than a few choice words I'd use to describe the type of behavior below, but I'd probably run afoul of the forum censor.

If the following is true, and it seems so, then this administration, the Democratic party behind it, and enough of the Republican party have to be one of the most dishonest in US history, and all deserved to be run out of town on a rail.

The Democrats landmark legislation should stand and fall on its own merits, not be propped up with chicanery and bullsh*t.

Barack Obama is again playing political games with our health insurance industry and has turned in another underhanded move against it by forcing insurance carriers, brokers and agents to withhold their 2015 prices until after the 2014 midterm elections are over all so that the news of higher prices won’t hurt Democrats on Election Day.

This means that customers looking to get new insurance or those wishing to scout new policies to see if they can get a better deal are not able to shop for insurance.

Before we get into that, though, millions of new cancellations will be hitting on January 1, 2015. Much of this news has gone under the radar as Democrats and their lapdog media are keeping this as quiet as possible.

There is also something different with these cancellations, something that has never happened before in the healthcare insurance industry. Past practice has always been that the next year’s new rates are released 60 days before the first day of the next year. But Obama has mandated that companies hold back on that normal practice so that he can shield Democrats at the polls.

Here is how insurance agent C. Steven Tucker explained it this weekend:

This year, for the first time in 20 years I can not even quote a replacement product because Barack Obama has issued a GAG ORDER to the health insurance industry instructing them not to disclose their January 2015 health insurance rates until after the mid-term elections. This is unprecedented. Normally health insurance premiums are released for public viewing 60 days before the January 1st effective date. Where are the reports on these cancellations and the gag order from NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN? The only news organization that I am aware of that has reported on any of this is the Fox News channel. I can guarantee you one thing, not one of my clients who received a cancellation notice is voting Democrat on Tuesday.

This is once again proof that healthcare is not about health for this most corrupt president in American history. It is politics all the way through for this man.

Your health doesn’t matter to Barack Obama. He cares only about what political benefit he can get from taking over our healthcare industry.

It is also proof that the health of Americans does not interest the news media, either. All they care about is how they can help Democrats.

But this is just a small example of what happens when you allow government to take over an industry like this. It stops being about what ever the industry is supposed to be about and becomes a mere political tool.

Finally, let us point out something else that is glaringly obvious. The GOP is in on this game. After all, you haven’t heard a word about this from any GOP candidate have you? They are clearly running interference for Obama on this by staying silent.

“The only end of writing is to enable the reader better to enjoy life, or better to endure it.”

–Samuel Johnson

Of course Soros funded Snopes calls false, however read what they wrote and form your own conclusions, rather than those slanted by Snopes.

Also at issue was the fact that back in November 2013, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) opted to push the start of the 2015 enrollment period for federal health-care exchanges back from mid-October 2014 to mid-November 2014, a move some critics cited as an attempt to prevent bad news about rate increases from coming out prior to the mid-term elections in November 2014. HHS maintained that the change in schedule was made to allow insurance companies more time review the previous year's enrollments before setting their rates for the upcoming year and to provide more time for potential customers to make their enrollment choices:

The change is aimed at giving insurance companies who offer plans on the exchanges more time to review 2014 enrollments and set rates for the 2015 enrollment period.

It would also give customers an extra week to review their options, extending the open-enrollment period by one week to two full months.

Republicans were quick to pounce on the change, accusing the administration of a blatantly political effort to delay bad news that might result from the next round of open enrollment until after the election.

The delay means Americans might not hear about potential rate increases until after the election, rather than in the weeks before.

Although the Department of Health and Human Services did indeed require insurance companies not to disclose website testing data ahead of open enrollment for 2015, none of the cited or quoted material suggests that the e-mailed request from HHS in any way absolutely prohibited companies from disclosing their 2015 insurance rates (or even mentions rates, premiums, deductibles, or anything in that general vicinity) prior to the mid-term elections. And, in fact, printed enrollment material sent out by some insurance companies prior to the mid-term election did include rate information for 2015. The shift in the open enrollment period for 2015 means that many consumers who obtain insurance through the federal exchanges might not be aware of newer rates (and potential rate increases) until after the 2014 mid-term elections, however.

I got my 2015 med plan rates a couple of weeks ago. They went up a little, but not much.

My insurance agent hasn't got our rates yet - he's waiting for clarification, but I hope I have the same news as you.

What has caused prices to rise every year for decades ? Obama ? LOL .

Add all insurance we pay, add food prices, add everything that's gone up for decades.

Did Obama really cause that even before he was a senator ? Really, too funny…..

Add all insurance we pay, add food prices, add everything that's gone up for decades.

Did Obama really cause that even before he was a senator ? Really, too funny…..

Did Obama promise or not promise this?

Obama himself promised that everyone’s premiums cost would be lower under his health care plan.

“My plan begins by covering every American. If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is the amount of money you will spend on premiums. That will be less,” Obama said in his May 2007 speech unveiling his health care plan.