Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucky

Passaic River: River Ave Boat Launch Closed

27 posts in this topic

I think there is no doubt that the internet blew that place up. I lived my whole life in NJ and never gave a thought to fishing the Passaic until 4 years ago when pictures of good sized pike started showing up weekly.

It was not enough to get me to actually go there, but it probably was enough for others.

I think there is no doubt that the internet blew that place up. I lived my whole life in NJ and never gave a thought to fishing the Passaic until 4 years ago when pictures of good sized pike started showing up weekly.

It was not enough to get me to actually go there, but it probably was enough for others.

yea its not like the dept of fish and game tells people every launch spot and where they stock and when, but clearly its the fault of some guys who catch fish and post pictures :rolleyes:

Everyone that fishes the river catches fish. A handful of people post fish on fifteen blogs twitter facebook. Come fish the river its great. :kook:

yea its not like the dept of fish and game tells people every launch spot and where they stock and when, but clearly its the fault of some guys who catch fish and post pictures :rolleyes:

How do advertisers work... they show you pictures of what you want, tell you where to get it and they do it over and over and over... the Passaic got advertised. That's just fact.

The Fish & Game listing is little more than an entry in the Yellow Pages, as far as advertising goes.

Everyone that fishes the river catches fish. A handful of people post fish on fifteen blogs twitter facebook. Come fish the river its great. :kook:

this^^

90% of the hacks that would have tried on their own from mention of the state stocking listings and access points would have skunked and never gone back. now you have some lookeeme humps posting pics of nice fish, naming the spots or showing them clearly in the lookeeme photos.

its NJ so on one hand you have to expect it but it still sucks to watch happen.

sad when people have something to prove and can't see the consequence of their actions.

This year was terrible on the river. Parking is getting worse. Places are getting fenced off. I think I have seen more bow hunters this year than ever before. They shoot at everything including turtles and birds. The rangers are finally catching on though and enforcing pretty regularly. Spoke to some of them and they are very dedicated to the river.