Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucky

Passaic River: River Ave Boat Launch Closed

27 posts in this topic

We lost another piece of access. Thanks to all you morons promoting fishing the river. You just can't keep your mouths shut can you? Huge concrete blocks and a chain are now blocking the launch. This is the fourth access point we have lost since the plastic navy starting promoting the river. Pr Staff & wanna be authors :moon: Thanks for ruining it. :th:

Yup

totowa launch closed 3 years ago because of guys parking under the bridge

two bridges woods access got chained off 2 years ago I think

camp lane, the guy next door has stopped short of threatening to shoot someone, i know I wont bother going over there anymore

now this...

Hmmmmmmm....Lucky in the freshyyy and he's pissed. Must be something to it. I KNOW NOTHING AND I DIDN'T DO IT. :p splain good sir. Too many obvious pics,spot burnin talk, what ???

Social media is killing my river RR. It sucks. This was a spot that had very easy access. Great for older guys and kids. I'll take some pictures when I get a chance.

Yup

totowa launch closed 3 years ago because of guys parking under the bridge

two bridges woods access got chained off 2 years ago I think

camp lane, the guy next door has stopped short of threatening to shoot someone, i know I wont bother going over there anymore

now this...

Social media is killing my river RR. It sucks. This was a spot that had very easy access. Great for older guys and kids. I'll take some pictures when I get a chance.

No pics necessary I get the point. Adapt, Improvise, Overcome. Silly slugs that take no time to discover for themselves read the interwebs. All it takes is a very ill timed background picture or two with a nice fish or a few pics of different species especially spring mid summer and it's on, all the nit wits will start to congregate. They have no shame, no respect, no innate ability. The next thing you know liter, parking problems, altercations with the locals. This is why I always liked SOL....it's now where but how. The cat is out of the bag now. Consider fishing less in what the slugs call prime time. Difficult, but, get to know the locals that control some access. Take your kids along when you do......splain I'm not a slug !!! Reconnoiter, new path ways that are less obvious. More work than it should be but you truly "know" the river so know it better. I feel your pain. On my river there are no secrets any more. It will never be the same. What will be the same is a person that truly "knows" that river and a slug.

Just curious as to how exactly kayakers caused a boat ramp to be closed? I'm sure the people launching wave runners, hunters, poachers, illegal dumping, parking illegally, bucket brigaiders leaving trash, etc. had no affect on their decision to close it off. Lots of unregistered, unsafely operated boats manned by drunken operators ripping through these stretches as well that has been well documented on another popular NJ forum. Could that maybe be a reason?

Ahh, maybe my expectations for a factual, educated response to my comment were too high?

And yes, it's nice being able to cut out of my suit and tie management position early whenever I feel like it to catch fish on free lures sent to me monthly. The free clothing, free hats, free winter gear, free sunglasses, etc. are also pretty nice. Thanks for following my posts ;).

as long as the whole world knows what an exceptional fishermen you/they are then you/they have accomplished what you/they set out to prove. congrats :th:

doesnt matter what may have been damaged along the way.

of course no one will take responsibility for it and CERTAINLY NOT anyone in this thread but it was some people's fault for not having more respect for a spot and its access.

happens all the time. some people learn and dont make the mistake again. some people don't learn and blame everyone else.