Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gadwall8

Anyone carry to the polls?

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Impetusfor this poll was thread at a firearms site I belong to regarding carrying a firearm to the polls... several folks talk about OCing to the polls and at least one wheelchair bound OCer will carry to his polling place in a school as a test to the "any lawful purpose" language in our statue.

:v:

My poling place is a school. There was a police officer sitting in a chair in the corner, which I don't ever recall previously. I wouldn't have carried there today regardless. It was 15 minutes tops from the time I left my home to vote, to the time I walked back in my front door.

You need to modify the poll questions to include NJ, where open carry isn't allowed, and legal CCW is as rare as a pink unicorn.

My polling place is in the local elementary school, so assuming my state laws allowed me to legally open carry or CCW, I still wouldn't because of the polling location.

You need to modify the poll questions to include NJ, where open carry isn't allowed, and legal CCW is as rare as a pink unicorn.

My polling place is in the local elementary school, so assuming my state laws allowed me to legally open carry or CCW, I still wouldn't because of the polling location.

So, that's a no.

:v:

but black men standing by the entrance is voter intimidation......

No Frank, Black Panthers holding Billy Clubs at the entrance to a polling place isn't intimidation. :kook: