Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeffw

boot leak

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I have the Orvis bootfoot waders - other than sending them back, any ideas on a flex glue for a tear in the rubber boot?

Probably developed a weak zone from years of laced korkers.

How big is the rip ?

Aquaseal is great stuff but it's not going to hold the edges of a tear in the rubber together.

You may need to glue on a patch - perhaps a bit of old bicycle inner tube glued on with the Aquaseal ?

How big is the rip ?

Aquaseal is great stuff but it's not going to hold the edges of a tear in the rubber together.

You may need to glue on a patch - perhaps a bit of old bicycle inner tube glued on with the Aquaseal ?

about an inch long two inches above the sole, goes lengthwise , likely caused by creating a crease under the laces of the korkers.

I think I have an old bike tube at home

AquaSeals is not a glue...It is not designed to hold/glue the edges together...That's not the idea.... It's a sealer...just spread generously over the cut and you should be fine..

Aquaseal has always worked for me. I got it from the local bait and tackle shop. I have also seen it in the larger stores. Anyone ever use caulk to fix waders? If you have, what kind?

Same thread a few mths ago,i bought up the spray seal thats pitched on TV. Someone posted that it worked pretty well.

So, did it work for your boot leak?