Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HotDom6

Teaser Rig for Stripers

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Fished poppers and plugs for a long time but never used a teaser.  Can you guys post how to tie a teaser rig or post a picture of the method you find most productive? Thanks

A dropper loop tied 6- 8" long about 4" below the swivel works best for me. The double line helps keep the teaser away from the main line preventing tangles. 30-40 pound leader helps to keep things straight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Mac View Post

A dropper loop tied 6- 8" long about 4" below the swivel works best for me. The double line helps keep the teaser away from the main line preventing tangles. 30-40 pound leader helps to keep things straight.

So  the dropper loop should be tied on the same leader with the plug?

Lure-------------------dropper loop------8 (swivel)

So  the dropper loop should be tied on the same leader with the plug?

Lure-------------------dropper loop------8 (swivel)

Yes sir. Additionally to add to jpiercy's question, I usually keep the distance from the dropper loop knot to the lure about 36 - 40". This distance can vary and there are many opinions on it based on the size of the bass being caught. 36' seems to be a great starting point.

Yes sir. Additionally to add to jpiercy's question, I usually keep the distance from the dropper loop knot to the lure about 36 - 40". This distance can vary and there are many opinions on it based on the size of the bass being caught. 36' seems to be a great starting point.

Double your braid and connect your 30-40# leader via an Alberto knot. From knot to plug leave about 30" or so of line and make sure you have a tag end of leader from the knot at about 6" or so. Attach the teaser to the tag line via a Lefty Kreh loop knot or a uni knot. I've double up on big fish and never had the connection fail.

3 feet from teaser to lure? Im trying to picture it my head. How do you cast with that. Seems like line would be hitting water/sand and you would have no control of cast.

You need to use a 9' plugging rod or longer and sweep back before the snap cast. If you are using a shorter stick, you may need to shorten it a up a bit.

Hey, rebel music

Are you tying your teaser to the single Mono/floro tag end off of ur Crazy Alberto knot??

Doesn't teaser hang tight to leader or twist up.

Also seems like it would put stress on the Alberto knot

Great info. folks. I have also not used teasers much because of tangles trying them in past. Makes a lot of sense with a dropper loop and double-up line to keep it out away from main leader. So do more folks prefer braid to swivel or directly connecting braid to mono leader using Alberto or Uni knot? Which do you think is stronger?

I change things up a lot during a tide and find a swivel much easier especially in low light or dark conditions. The swivel helps with line twist also and the bass don't seem to mind.