Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cleatis

Tom Magliozzi NPR's popular 'Car Talk' dies at 77

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I was listening the day they announced they were retiring from the show. Little did we know the reason why. Tommy sounded as sharp as ever when the show ended. Repeats still on at 1 AM Saturday here.

Cabo

"Dewey, Cheatem & Howe"

Such a great show...Tom had one of the greatest laughs of all time.

Loved the way they interacted with the callers.

Nothing like them on the radio anymore.

Wow. Remember listening to them in the car with my parents. Recently got into listening to podcasts and put the show on my favorite's list. Have been listening weekly since early summer. To be honest, didn't know it was replays. Hard to time date a show when someone calls in about a car that's over a decade. Sad to hear.

In a statement announcing his brother's death, brother Ray alluded to a familiar joke about the weekly puzzlers they always featured in the show.

"Turns out he wasn't kidding. He really couldn't remember last week's puzzler," Ray said. "We can be happy that he lived the life he wanted to live; goofing off a lot, talking to you guys every week and primarily laughing his ass off."

Probably my favorite NPR show. Great sense of humor. Even learned a little bit about car diagnosis. Hope they keep running the repeats (with my memory, I can't remember the original shows). Especially like there relationship advise. How much younger is Ray? Pretty funny guys for engineers.