Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surfcasterzx2

I EFFIN' LOVE FISHING!!

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

oh yeah...always pushing for that balance of more fishing...and divorce.

Awesome experience to be sure...nothin like it. Glad you're happy- you must have got into some this weekend.

Being 3hrs away from salt it's tough to get out. It seems every time this fall I plan to make the trip, I get an other job. I'm self employed so work trumps fishing. So freshwater will have to do. But man I effing love to fish. There is just something about casting a line and the anticipation of a stike. I hope to get to the salt this weekend!

It's definitely not love, I liken it more to a heroine addiction.  Without it, I suffer and those around me suffer because I've been without it.  And then when I get it, for the first couple of hours its euphoria.  Then my fingers start to get cold and the wind starts to blow, and now it's 3am and I'm cold and I still haven't caught anything and I drive the 75mins home and crawl in bed around 5 to be woken by the alarm at 8 for work.  And I go to work with that salt hangover which I apparently wear on my face because everyone asks if it was a late night.  "Yea, fishing late didn't get home til 5" I say.  They always respond with "Catch anything" to which I usually say No because even when there is a story to tell about a caught fish or a near miss Im too tired to tell it and I understand that they really don't care.  And the typical response I get is "Man, I don't know why you do it"...."Me neither" I say, while I think about how I'm going to get my next fix.

its an obsession, cant get enough. only sex is equal and after sex you can go fishing! when the seasons over I cant stop thinking about next year. eff it im going  now.

You also know you got it bad when you start buying everything that has to do with fishing. I now have more rods for each specific uses. A backup for my backup for each rod, bag, lure, tool. What next? Divorce the wife so I can stay out for as long as I want.... well maybe not that last part.