Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Dirty deed done - voted at 7AM

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Local polling center was already crowded when the doors opened...wonder if that's a sign of what this day will bring

Good man, you voted early.

Now go do the Democrat - ic thing and vote often... :D :D :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIRockhound View Post

Believe that if you want. I'm a liberal, was ballot number 5 into the machine this AM and then went to work....

I've been ballot number 3, 17, 42, 51, and 74 so far.

Believe that if you want. I'm a liberal, was ballot number 5 into the machine this AM and then went to work....

Liberals really work? :D

Well, if you believe everything people tell you then you'd believe one does now, anyway.

Vote Democrat and get some fried chicken.

Quote:

First Lady Michelle Obama made light of her food-Nazi persona, granting permission to eat fried chicken as a reward for voting Tuesday and to celebrate a Democratic Party victory.

Obama gave her fried chicken blessing during an interview Monday with Roland Martin onNews One for Black America (Transcription by Kristinn Taylor)

Martin: So can we, if we go out to the polls, can we say, we have 'souls to the polls’ on Sunday, can we do 'soul food after we vote’?

Obama: Absolutely, I give everyone full permission to eat some fried chicken after they vote only after—if you haven’t voted…(laughter.)

Martin: Just checking!

Obama: You make a good point because I am, I do talk about health. But I think that a good victory for Democrats on Tuesday, you know, should be rewarded with some fried chicken.

The two went on to banter about the healthiness of certain soul food vegetables before ending the interview.

Michelle Obama’s jokes about granting permission to eat fried chicken might be funny is she wasn’t forcing unpalatable school lunches on America’s children.

Jim Hoft

I did my part. We show ID here, so it keeps the democrats honest, and that's usually enough to keep the bastards out of office.

Besides your veiled insult, I have never understood the voter ID issue. I have always used my passport when I lived in Canada and voted and use my US one down here when I vote. While I understand that not everyone has a passport, why not have a citizen ID of some kind required? A DL is not good enough nor is a SSN. The problem I think is the states all have different requirements and that should not be the case. This would mean that the Feds would have to issue a citizenship card with a photo and of course that costs money and we all know how much a program like that would cost.

I still think there is too much paranoia by the righties about illegal aliens voting. Most of them are too scared to and just want to stay out of trouble.

Besides your veiled insult, I have never understood the voter ID issue. I have always used my passport when I lived in Canada and voted and use my US one down here when I vote. While I understand that not everyone has a passport, why not have a citizen ID of some kind required? A DL is not good enough nor is a SSN. The problem I think is the states all have different requirements and that should not be the case. This would mean that the Feds would have to issue a citizenship card with a photo and of course that costs money and we all know how much a program like that would cost.

I still think there is too much paranoia by the righties about illegal aliens voting. Most of them are too scared to and just want to stay out of trouble.

There should be some kind of centralized card for this. I can tell you what the Dems try to claim - that it keeps elderly and inner city folks from being able to vote...But it's such an easy fix, it makes no sense