Today is your chance to

Rate this topic

Angler #1

The Voters spoke loud and clear yesterday. The gains made by the Republican Party show the people want the road block Harry Reid errected in the Senate for 6 years removed. The shift wasn't because the voters wanted everyone to "just get along". they want the do nothing process broken and fixed.

Last night was "We the People" nationally making a huge change in direction by exercising their individual votes. I don't agree with those who have given up on the vote or think it doesn't matter. You are welcome to your opinion as it is your right to stand aside and let people who believe their vote means something. The vote yesterday was awesome. An epic 180 degree shift in the direction was achieved state by state. Co. has a Republician Senator for the first time since the 1890's. IL, WI, MI and OH all blue states with large unions elected gov. who are Republican. The only Gov. Win for the Dems was PA. All the others races went the other way. NY State retained its DEM Gov. but the Republicans won the NY Senate.; A balance of power is back in NY. A balance of power is back in Washington as well. None of the changes would have happened, if the individual voter decided it wasn't worth it.

The flat tire (Harry Reid) in the senate will be replaced and the stain of the 340 bill passed in the House he prevented from entering the process of discussion and vote in the Well of the Senate will be reinstated.

Bills will flow to the President for his signature or his Veto. If Congress works together to get that veto changed that will be the sign that the balance between the Legislative and Executive Branches of our Republic has returned to normal. Executive Order Abuse will be addressed by an empowered by the voters will. The Will of the People is real in the function of our government.

Deny it if you will. But, I don't think you can prove you denial of the facts that occurred yesterday from sea to shinning sea.

God Bless America

Obama pointing to the 2/3rds of the voters didn't vote yesterday as a sign his actually won yesterday. What a self serving buffone'!

i will agree with that last line rj !

Thanks SL - I voted for John F. Kennedy,as a young Marine Squad Leader. whilst in the belly of a naval Attack Transport making donuts off the coast of So. Vietnam in November, 1960. I had turned 21 on May 6, 1960.

It was my first vote ever. I haven't missed a chance to vote since then. I ran for elected office in my early 60's twice to serve a small village in the Hudson river Valley. As the Deputy Mayor, my monthly pay was $276.00.

I know that individual votes count. I won my first contest by 3 votes. Two years later, I ran unopposed for the same seat. After 4 years, I decided to move on and helped my replacement go door to door in his run for office. He was successful.

My average time per week in that office was near 40 hours. It was a great experience. Yesterday I voted for a young Democrat District Attorney while doing my duty as a citizen. He lost as did my vote for the NY Republican Gov. candidate. My other votes were Republican and they all were re-elected.

"Making donuts" was the words we used when our ships continued to make circles in the sea while we waited to launch an attack. There was a So. Vietnamese Paratrooper revolt going on and our mission was to secure the Airport closest to Siagon to create a location for US Citizens to exit the country. We flew over Siagon 3 times in a week and the Para's eventually gave up and were rounded up by Vietnamese Marines. Rode the Carrier USS Hornet to Hong Kong for a great Liberty opportunity. Rejoined our APA and LSD at Hong Kong.

The Voters spoke loud and clear yesterday. The gains made by the Republican Party show the people want the road block Harry Reid errected in the Senate for 6 years removed. The shift wasn't because the voters wanted everyone to "just get along". they want the do nothing process broken and fixed.

Last night was "We the People" nationally making a huge change in direction by exercising their individual votes. I don't agree with those who have given up on the vote or think it doesn't matter. You are welcome to your opinion as it is your right to stand aside and let people who believe their vote means something. The vote yesterday was awesome. An epic 180 degree shift in the direction was achieved state by state. Co. has a Republician Senator for the first time since the 1890's. IL, WI, MI and OH all blue states with large unions elected gov. who are Republican. The only Gov. Win for the Dems was PA. All the others races went the other way. NY State retained its DEM Gov. but the Republicans won the NY Senate.; A balance of power is back in NY. A balance of power is back in Washington as well. None of the changes would have happened, if the individual voter decided it wasn't worth it.

The flat tire (Harry Reid) in the senate will be replaced and the stain of the 340 bill passed in the House he prevented from entering the process of discussion and vote in the Well of the Senate will be reinstated.

Bills will flow to the President for his signature or his Veto. If Congress works together to get that veto changed that will be the sign that the balance between the Legislative and Executive Branches of our Republic has returned to normal. Executive Order Abuse will be addressed by an empowered by the voters will. The Will of the People is real in the function of our government.

Deny it if you will. But, I don't think you can prove you denial of the facts that occurred yesterday from sea to shinning sea.

God Bless America

Obama pointing to the 2/3rds of the voters didn't vote yesterday as a sign his actually won yesterday. What a self serving buffone'!

o

Well said Marine, perhaps and only perhaps we can slow down or stop the moral decay of our walls from with in , every one world wide is watching our self destruction, maybe we can resurrect some old words such as respect, responsibility, accountability and pursue them, then once again rise to our role as a leader in free world, We are far from holding that position today, who knows what this shift in our changing of the Guard will bring. America has spoken and asked for this change ,hopefully these new people can, will step up,and assume roles of leaders vice figureheads Al

There are 3 or 400 bills that have all ready passed the House that Harry Reid (singlehandedly) would not let come to the Senate floor for a vote........THAT is why nothing good has happened in 6 years!

"The Further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Angler, I hear what you are saying, but I honestly feel our political system is so broken it is almost not worth voting at this point. I have gotten to the point where I do not even vote for the party I vote for the person. As an avid poker player I feel like I can get a pretty good read on people and whether they are good or not. I seriously do not even care about the "issues". Within the the last couple days I have seen statistics that say that during the Obama administration the national debt has gone from 1.4 trillion and has decreased to under a trillion for the first time in years. It went on to say that the reason was because that the unemployment rate has dropped dramatically. Great! However, the next day I see stats stating exactly the opposite. In this day we can't even get accurate stats and know his is lying, telling the truth or just misinformed. No matter who gets into office they can't do anything because the other side just blocks them from doing anything. It's a broken system. Rant over!:mad:

I hope I don't get in trouble for adding a link? The national debt Sea Flat is close to 18 TRILLION dollars.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

And I do not think that even includes 'unfunded liabilities'....like Medicare, public pensions, etc. Then it's 'total debt'....almost 60 TRILLION dollars.

"The Further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

My mistake, when SS, Medicare etc. are taken into context the 'unfunded liabilities' is about 115 TRILLION dollars....almost $990,000 for every taxpayer in the country.

So it wasn't 1.4 trillion....more like 115 TRILLION.

Of the almost 18 TRILLION dollar 'National Debt'....about 7 TRILLION of that came under President Obama's first 6 years.

Yes, its mind boggling....