Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angler #1

Today is your chance to

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

make a difference in how things get done and at the same time for-fill your obligation as a concerned citizen in these United States, that many sacrificed there time and lives so that we remain a free nation.

GO out and VOTE today even if it is only for one candidate whom you think can make a difference in our small place in the world.

Angler, I hear what you are saying, but I honestly feel our political system is so broken it is almost not worth voting at this point. I have gotten to the point where I do not even vote for the party I vote for the person. As an avid poker player I feel like I can get a pretty good read on people and whether they are good or not. I seriously do not even care about the "issues". Within the the last couple days I have seen statistics that say that during the Obama administration the national debt has gone from 1.4 trillion and has decreased to under a trillion for the first time in years. It went on to say that the reason was because that the unemployment rate has dropped dramatically. Great! However, the next day I see stats stating exactly the opposite. In this day we can't even get accurate stats and know his is lying, telling the truth or just misinformed. No matter who gets into office they can't do anything because the other side just blocks them from doing anything. It's a broken system. Rant over!:mad:

I agree that it's a broken system Sea Flat but you can't change it if you don't get involved and at least vote.  I've always voted for the person and never the party.  It frustrates the hell out of me when people don't even listen to the candidates but just check "D" or "R" on the ballot without even knowing the issues.  It's really a sad state of events that this country has become so complacent that people don't take 10 minutes out of there day and vote and then spend the next 4 years bitching about things.  From Noah Webster 1823

"In selecting men for office, let principle be your guide. Regard not the particular sect or denomination of the candidate – look to his character. . . . When a citizen gives his suffrage to a man of known immorality he abuses his trust; he sacrifices not only his own interest, but that of his neighbor, he betrays the interest of his country."

I'm with Sea Flat. While in theory voting should/could make a difference, the political system in this country is so broken, so corrupt it's gotten to the point where it doesn't seem to matter who's in there. Even if a politician comes along that you feel actually works for the people, there's not much chance he/she isn't corrupted once entrenched in office. If they don't vote along party lines they aren't long for office. I almost feel that unless the people stand up and revolt not much will change for the foreseeable future. I hope i'm dead wrong, but I don't think I am. Money wins the elections, not ideals anymore. No one runs on a platform anymore, it's all, "Well he voted with the president 99% of the time...," It's dirty, corrupt politics. I'd feel dirty shaking most, if not all of their hands.

Wake up !!! The decisions that affect you and me the most are decided at Monday morning Corporate board meetings ...

Gee Buddy, I was undur the impression that the "LLC" and offshore companies change all that :huh:

This thread started nicely, one request to move it already, let's keep it civil. If I move it to PG no one save the compulsives there will read it, and if it's not about Obama already, it will be.

Judgment call. I leave it sit for a bit and keep an eye thereon.

The decision during the voting process has always been for me voting for the person whom displays the integrity of the position they are running for [ For example, today I voted for those folks who best represent the people all of them/ Some were Republicans and some were Democrats . With out question you will have those choices to make yourself , There must be at least one candidate for whatever position that deserves your vote in an election, that speaks the same ;language that you speak, worth putting a check mark besides there name. Your vote does matter, if only to you.