Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
55555s

Crunchies want profits too!

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Crunchies want profits too!

"Under this tax code the federal government stands to make more money from the sale of marijuana than those legally selling it. And that could be enough to shut down many shops."

"It's almost like they want us to fail," said Mitch Woolhiser, while walking through his store called Northern Lights Cannabis Co. in Edgewater, Colo. "Everything I do is aimed at keeping us in business because if I don't, then (the feds) win. And I'm not going to let them win."

this really makes you wonder who the "leaders" of the legalize pot movement really are.

are they just a bunch of big government leftists trying to relive their teenage years?

or are they the pot smokers who fit that stereotype of being not too smart?

This thread has the makings of a crap storm
i think it's awesome

remember the people 'if anything we need to legalize it for the tax revenue.'

there are two groups of legalize pot people.

#1 those who want the government out of everyone's life.

#2 those who want the government to control almost every aspect of everyone's life.

this should be a lesson for group #1.

just because group #2 sounds like they are agreeing with you, they really aren't.

That's what I mean. The subject has a lot of angles and it bleeds over party lines, while the partys are still figuring out how to deal with it. Add in ignorance of the public and this could be fun.

Charlie Crist's law partner spent millions to get marijuana on the FLA ballot, because it will bring out the D voters and give ole Charlie a better chance in a close election. Nothing like the promise of drugs or free stuff to get a D voter motivated.

Funny but I see the legalization of pot as gaining more liberty. The Dems are on the right side of that one.

As for the tax law, congress should roll it back for the states where it is legalized.

Funny but I see the legalization of pot as gaining more liberty. The Dems are on the right side of that one.

As for the tax law, congress should roll it back for the states where it is legalized.

How are alcohol and cigarettes taxed? Pot should be taxed in much the same way.

Agree with Dude's 1st sentence and SR's on how pot should be taxed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nalu22 View Post

Agree with Dude's 1st sentence and SR's on how pot should be taxed.

Which is of course the correct angle from which to view such things.  

It would be interesting to find how the proponents of legalized MJ view cigs, booze, oil, and other "Big Business".   For many of them, I have little doubt, this is the first time profit motive is OK.  

There's some interesting side stories in here.  Some view points will mature with this.