Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigblueflyer

Greetings from the frozen north!

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hello Connecticut SOL members!

I am activeduty navy transferring down to Groton from Maine in January.

I have been an SOL member for 2+ years. Unfortunaly I deploy ax soon as I get there and am not overly familiar with Connecticut s run, timing, duration that kinda stuff. Do the fish hang out in the rivers oris it beach fishing? Any input would be greatly appreciated so I can make best use of my time when I get back in APRIL.

thanks a tone ahead of time

bigblueflyer

First, thank you for your service!

That time of year I focus on the major rivers in the state. There are times when it is virtually cast and catch with schoolies. I crush my barbs to make it easy to release and reduce chances of unnecessarily hurting fish.

You will have the river herring spawn to look forward to from mid April and well into May. I don't know local info for that end of the state but they should not be hard to find. Swimmers, Mag Darters, Sluggos and eels. Maybe some fish out on the beaches or inlet and river mouths if you can get some bunker and want to do it that way. Early April can be slow but picks up quickly.

W

So I am finally in CT. Life moves at the speed of the service! Anyway, I would love to get in touch with any of you guys in the area. Looking forward to bumping into you all! Tight lines.