Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gobigblue

penn squidder convert from 140 to 145or146

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I recently got my hands on a nice 146LH, love how it casts, much better than my 140s. if I wanted to convert an existing 140 to a 146 or 145, do I need to buy a spool specific for a lefty or do you just flip them around? probably a dumb question but im not shy:p also, do I just need the reel seat, 4 posts and spool?

The 140 spools are the same for left and right reels. You would have to find a used 146 spool. Yes just flip the 140 spool.

I hop this helps a little anyway.

The 140 spools are the same for left and right reels. You would have to find a used 146 spool. Yes just flip the 140 spool.

I hop this helps a little anyway.

Yes thanks. Confirms my suspicions that I can reuse any spool for righty or lefty

i'm sure you do, thats why i asked. thought there might be a reel i did not know about. i have a question for you: i have a 146 squidder and a tiburon frame 146 squidder. the tiburon is more narrow then the 146. i heard that should not be the case. is it possible my 146 is really a 145 with a 146 side plate ? thks

I wouldn't go by what it says on the sideplate, im about to convert the lefty 140 I got to a 145, but the sideplate will always say 140 ;)

the posts widths are as follows(spool too I think, close enough):

146 1 5/8"

145 2 1/8"

140 2 7/16"