Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

Bin Ladens Shooter Outed

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

If it wasn't for former SEALS going public, would we even know about Team 6, and the like.

From the first WWII movie to all the Viet Nam books, to the Middle East UTubes, how is what this guy doing any different?

Given that the White House leaked or stated so many details for political gain, there's part of me that wonders "What's the harm?". However, my gut says silent professionals ought mind their NDA and remain silent.

:v:

Some special forces guys seem to be tripping over themselves trying to cash in on this stuff lately with book deals and movies etc. I don't recall seeing this in the past. Is this a new thing? Did they change the rules about releasing an capitalizing in this stuff?

Jonesy - it isn't the Special Forces guys. it's the SEALs. They run to cameras like Richard Simmons runs to boys town.

It's kind of poetic justice - for years and years they have been out thumping their chest and screaming "look at me!!!"..."look at me!!!"... and they created a culture of hollywood.

Meanwhile, the Special Forces guys (distinct entity) quietly went about killing bad guys and doing the Nations business.

Play stupid games...win stupid prizes. They are anything but 'quiet".