Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

Windows 8

Rate this topic

94 posts in this topic

Dumbest version of Windows ever. I have a phone for apps, a computer runs programs - and every time I brush the stupid mouse pad thing on this laptop the stupid toolbar on the right shouldn't pop up :mad:

Honestly - what was wrong with XP? :squid: Everything since XP has sucked badly.

TimS

Upgraded to 8.1 and my wife couldn't connect via a VPN anymore for work from home. Had to literally reformat the hard drive to roll back to 8.0. That sucked.

XP had it's issues especially with a network. Windows 7 is great.
I skipped 7 - XP was perfect for me :o Windows 8 makes me sad...and sometimes makes me wanna smash this laptop :)

TimS

Dumbest version of Windows ever. I have a phone for apps, a computer runs programs - and every time I brush the stupid mouse pad thing on this laptop the stupid toolbar on the right shouldn't pop up :mad:

Honestly - what was wrong with XP? :squid: Everything since XP has sucked badly.

TimS

I hate those brush by menu things, which I never use.

It sucks for managing pictures too. I hate it.

Forced into it, Costco must have had a bad batch of HP laptops, I've returned 4 in the last few months, 3 different models.

Of course, they don't fail until I've completely restored and installed Quickbooks and all other personal files.

The keyboards would all short out, and letters would begin failing.

TimS

It's a mobile OS. They didn't make two different OSs for mobile and computer platforms. Add it to the unending list of reasons that I will never own a Windows based anything ever for the rest of my life.

Go Mac or Linux.
Linux is good if you have the time to construct things for yourself. I don't. I just want a tool that works. Mac is good if you want life to be as easy as possible. Hence my advocacy. They keep their phones and pads though.

Change is always bad

XP was by far the 'best'

7 you will get used to and can at least run it for a few more years before it is obsolete

8 was a failed experiment to merge the mobile 'app' platform with desktops....even MS admits it's awful

They want to distance themselves from 8 so badly , they are jumping the next OS as Windows 10!!

They pulled their hand back from the fire....they are bringing back the start menu on 10

This whole 'app' thing is awful....I don't want to 'subscribe' to software

just give me my executables damnit!!