Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

Emmitt Smith has Gout

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

He’d woken up with what he described as “early morning tightness” in his right big toe.

“I felt it would go away as I would go through my day,” he said. “Unfortunately, it didn’t go away. It progressed and got more intense.”

He said the pain was on a level one, something he could manage. Soon it had climbed up to a four or five.

“By the end of the day, it was at an eight or nine. My walk had completely changed. I couldn’t wear my shoe. I had to take my sock off. It got to the point that it was intolerable,” he said.

My Brother has it.

Talk to him periodically and he'll tell me how he's eating crabs or oysters or a big steak which is probably how he got it in the first place.

I question his sanity...but he likes to live large.

"Yeah, forgot to take my medicine..."

Knucklehead.

Beer is a bad one for me, so I avoid it. Wine and good vodka dont seem to bother me much. Italian sausage is the one guaranteed flare up food on my list. Rapid weight loss is another one. Learned that this summer. :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunkah View Post

I haven't had gout since getting out of the restaurant industry 20 years ago...bad food = the gout.

no more

pu pu

for you

Some people are prone to high uric acid levels. Mine was always a bit high and the gout would rear it's ugly face. So my doctor put me on Allopurinol once a day. That keeps the gout away for me. I have not had a flare up since I started taking the medication over 13 years ago. The med is available as a generic and under my coverage it costs 5 bux a month.