Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FliesNPlugs

Montana Rattle Can Paint

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Advice needed regarding the statement below : 

I have just got into building some plug kits and really enjoy it! I have been using Rustoeluem (sp) and Krylon. I think they work ok, but I figured there has to be a better or "high end" rattle can paint out there.

After doing some research on here and online, it seems Montana rattle can paint is the way to go. If you you-tube this type of paint, some of the designs are amazing! It has a very high pigment quality, low and medium pressures, comes with a variety of nozzles, etc. 

My question to you guys - Pretty much a no brainer to make the jump to MTN Rattle Can Spray? Looking for someone who has used the MTN spray compared Krylon and Rustoelum, and has painted plugs with this type of paint.

Also for the MTN rattle cans, it is about $6 to $7 a can, for what they describe their paint to be....it does not seem to be a bad price at all!

Thanks for your time 

Joe 

0.jpg

Sorry. Just saw this.

I use Montana, and find it far superior to the krylon/rustoleum Much easier to work with.

However, many people on here use the others with no problem at all... I couldn't get used to it.

They make a Black and a Gold line... (gold is the top of the line)

Jcrane thanks so much for the help. Just got into making a few plug kits and now it's many plug kits lol. My buddy swears by mtn and those top brands. He let me try some and I love it. So I have been doing a lot of research on it and it seems really top notch. Glad you really like it. When I searched sol some plug makers swear by mtn and those type paints over krylon and rust. Thanks again!

Also I wanted to ask the differences between painting with air and rattlecans. I have only used cans and they work fine for me..more practice equals better results. Would using air be easier? Get better details I imagine? Thank you

Airbrushing is definitely easier/ better than rattle cans imo. You can control the amount of airflow much better than you can with a can. I'm actually thinking about using the airbrush to prime with instead of using a rattle can.

I'd say no because you can control the amount of paint coming out much better. Hit it with a light coat then hit it with a hair dryer. Rinse and repeat until you've got the plug painted.