Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gadwall8

Now that Halloween is behind us...

Rate this topic

123 posts in this topic

it's time for a short public service announcement

Don't soak the T U R K E Y

You have 3 weeks to research how to roast a moist bird that actually tastes like turkey.

:v:

I'm going to smoke a turkey this year along with a deep fryed and traditional oven roasted one this Thanksgiving. Having the whole family over plus a few friends 25+ and probably a few stragglers also !

I'm going to smoke a turkey this year along with a deep fryed and traditional oven roasted one this Thanksgiving. Having the whole family over plus a few friends 25+ and probably a few stragglers also !

Please be careful with the deep fryer!

:v:

Butter, salt, pepper, roast it in the oven.

If I want to get fancy, I will put some onions, celery, carrots, fresh parsley and time in the cavity.

Why do people insist on re-inventing the wheel? :freak:

Damn it, me too!! the wife has held me back too long, this is the year.

Gadwall thank you for your concern, I'm very careful with the fryer, have been doing it for about 18 years now and I love how the turkey turns out . I have seen what damage they do if you place them in wet or frozen ! In my 25 years on the FDNY I have seen some crazy sh*t people do when cooking , not just for Thanksgiving .

If I want to get fancy, I will put some onions, celery, carrots, fresh parsley and time in the cavity.

Cause turkey tastes like crap and people can't cook anyway. Adding as much chit as possible to the turkey distracts themselves form the turkey having no taste and/or no ability to cook.

Why do people insist on re-inventing the wheel? :freak:[/quote]

Because it's fun and makes great Thanksgiving dinner conversations in later years. "Remember when day tried to deep fry a turkey that year and we had to call the fire department".:D

Cause turkey tastes like crap and people can't cook anyway. Adding as much chit as possible to the turkey distracts themselves form the turkey having no taste and/or no ability to cook.

I think roasted turkey is my favorite meat.

I love the smell when it's in the oven.

My son is coming home from college for the first time since I dropped him off in August.

I will be truly thankful to see him.

The wheel is: Wife does it. :D

This will be the first one without her Mom though. :(

The holidays are gonna be tough this year.