Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimG

Question for my Monmouth/Middletown peeps et al...congressional 6th district

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

So Pallone is your standard career democrat politician where as Wilkinson seems to be an absolute nobody who will likely lose but nonetheless. On issues he seems to be a standard Republican, smaller gov. less regulation, lower taxes, repeal Obamacare .... First time running for office. no scandals as far as I know and seems to be a decent guy. From Detroit, living in Old bridge lawyer.

However Pallone has been active with rec fishermen issues. How has he represented fishermen?

Its interesting that Republicans didn't go after this seat. Pallone didn't have money or much support from polls from what I have read.

Wilkinsin is completely unknown.

Otherwise there is some 20 year old libertarian running and she is pretty much a joke of a candidate.

What ever happened to Anna Little?

Otherwise there is some 20 year old libertarian running and she is pretty much a joke of a candidate.

Joke of a candidate as in no chance of winning, or she's got a personality defect/disorder that you feel makes her a joke?

Please explain.

I don't mean to suggest one way or the other, and I won't judge you one way or the other.

All I ask in return is that you not judge me, one way or the other.

Right?

A vote is a precious thing.

As a young person I used to want to vote for the winner.

Who doesn't, right.

Look where that's gotten us.

As much as I don't like voting for Democrats it seems Pallone has been a friend to the rec fisherman for quite some time.

I mean he is going to win anyway. .... but

Why is it I am always thinking about my vote right up in to the time I walk in to the booth?

And then I regret my vote. I'm like a woman

I'm going over to vote at lunch or at the end of the day. Working from home today but started the day with an 8am conference call and I am just finally taking the phone from my ear.

I have been doing some research though. I think I will feel good about how I vote.

However Pallone has been active with rec fishermen issues. How has he represented fishermen?

He got his arse whooped by that slimeball Schumer in NY and we lost the fluke battle

He's 100% behind, and is the main reason for the funding for beach replenishment in the way it's being done now (completely wrong)

His office refused to get involved in access issues in the Long Branch Deal area because it would upset his big donors

Basically a lot of lip service, very little action

On a non fisherman issue, he was too weak to save Ft Monmouth which crushed the local economy. (In itself a boondoggle scam by the representatives from Maryland who put Pallone over their knees and spanked him good).

I wouldn't vote for him.