Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark L

Vs200 VS Vs250

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

What are the benefits of the 250 over the 200? Only thing i can think of is line capacity of 250 and the weight of the 200 is less. Any suggestions and info would be great thanks.

i sold my 200 and kept my 250. i just prefer larger reels for the way i fish. its really up to you and what you think feels better. the 250 is also a touch faster if that means anythig to you. the rest of the differences are pretty negliable

Thanks guys for the info. I never really thought there wa much difference other then line capacity and size. But its something to think about.

I think the 200 is probably a bit more versatile.  I find that the 200 is appropriate on a wider range of rods.  I converted my 200 to a 250 when I got a 150.  I love the 250, but I would fish it on fewer of my rods.  If you're going with one-go with a 200.

When I was faced with the same choice, (I had at that time a VS 300) I went with the VS 200 based mostly on the difference in weight. Now that I am older I have come to appreciate the lighter setup.

Peace

Keep the intended rod in mind. On my 2-6 legend, I had a Zee 27 (~same as 250). My 3/4-4 1266 FSC I had a vs200. I recently swapped them out, can't really see any difference between them.

You're looking at an increase of 1/4" for the spool diameter and 0.8oz in wright for the 200 vs the 250. There's not really a significant difference there.

I think its about rod size and weight. I have a 200 that I use on 9' & 10' rods and a 250 for 10'-11'ers. I find that the 250s are perfect for old school glass and s-glass 10 -11.5'ers or 11' GSB1Ls. 

Love my 200 on my new fiberstar 9' rapter...