Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ASrod

Striper Fishing has been excellent in the Chesapeake and Patuxent this weekend.

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

This weekend fishing around Solomons Island, MD has been the best so far this year. Me and 3 other people all limited out within 45 mins on Saturday  casting Andrus Jetty Caster Bucktails 3/4 oz Chartreuse with a 6" Gotcha Curlytail Grub chartreuse glitter trailer with 75% of the tail cut off. 

To the OP's credit Solomons covers a pretty large area. I doubt anyone would be able to determine exactly where he caught.

Just look for the boat pile ;)

I was fishing off the Pier. Wherever there is light, there are big fish. 5/6 keepers the 3 of us caught. All were between 21-24 inches (18 inch legal size)1822450

I was fishing off the Navy Rec Center Pier. The pier under the bridge is also very productive. Wherever there is light, there are big fish. 5/6 keepers the 3 of us caught. All were between 21-24 inches (18 inch legal size)1822450

Congrats and nice fish! But you may want to keep your location a little more vague as you did originally and not be quite so specific as to exactly which pier or bridge you were on ;)

just an FYI, there is a strong "conservation ethic" on this site, especially in light of the steadily declining bass population in the last 6-8 years.....

SO- I'm glad you found some fish, and you're certainly within your rights to keep these fish. but you may not get too many 'atta-boys! and pats-on-the-ass for taking you full limit of 25 inch fish

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobber View Post

just an FYI, there is a strong "conservation ethic" on this site, especially in light of the steadily declining bass population in the last 6-8 years.....

SO- I'm glad you found some fish, and you're certainly within your rights to keep these fish. but you may not get too many 'atta-boys! and pats-on-the-ass for taking you full limit of 25 inch fish

I release anything above 30 inches. I am not looking for compliments, I was just posting because this is the first time in years that the fishing has been this good here.