Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NightTide

Where To Go to Geat a Bass

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Im 12 and looking for my first bass. I have theright gear VS 150 on a Lou Custom rod 9 for 1-4oz. I have a fair cast of 250-260 feet.

But i cant get any bass i went to montauk nothing Smiths Point nothing. I need some places to go and some advice on what to throw if you could help it would be great. Thanks

Best advice I can give you as a young caster is be patient & try to learn as much as you can from as many sources as you can - books, articles, other fishermen, & most importantly your own experiences. This is a tough game for beginners & it takes a lot of time to get a feel for what you're doing. If you give us an idea of where you'll be fishing mostly (just a general location please) I'm sure others will chime in with some solid advice.

Just keep after it, no one said it was going to be easy!  Fish different tides and work as much of the beach as you can.  Fish at night, slow your retrieve, make parallel casts, read as much as you can, talk to others and observe what they are doing.  Take comfort in the fact that it's been a tough season for many.  I'm sure your first bass will come soon, good luck!

Im 12 and looking for my first bass. I have theright gear VS 150 on a Lou Custom rod 9 for 1-4oz. I have a fair cast of 250-260 feet.

But i cant get any bass i went to montauk nothing Smiths Point nothing. I need some places to go and some advice on what to throw if you could help it would be great. Thanks

16 hours ago you state your looking for your first bass. 4 hours ago you post you've been catching bass all year?

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/957562/demo-striper-for-2014-let-see-them/0_100#post_11714488

16 hours ago you state your looking for your first bass. 4 hours ago you post you've been catching bass all year?

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/957562/demo-striper-for-2014-let-see-them/0_100#post_11714488

Oops well there goes his credibility I guess :D. Tough lesson for a 12 year old (if he's who he says he is ;)) but a lesson nonetheless. Shame too - we could have helped him if he was legit.

Oops well there goes his credibility I guess :D. Tough lesson for a 12 year old (if he's who he says he is ;)) but a lesson nonetheless. Shame too - we could have helped him if he was legit.

Maybe he is 12 but some of his posts do not add up to me?

Maybe he is 12 but some of his posts do not add up to me?

That would actually make sense - my son is 11 & a lot of what he says doesn't add up to me ;)

It looks to me from two of his threads NightTide is just trying to snoop around in an attempt to take spots. My advice to you NightTide, trying to get other people's spots and not doing your own work/research is not a good way to start off. Im pretty young myself, but I can tell you from experience it is possible to get your own spots even when it seems like every guy on the beach has already taken them. It just takes some research and experience by trial and error... I'll leave it at that.