Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aneary

went fishing

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Well here we go an actual fishing report. Haven't done much fishing in the salt thsi year but went out yesterday.

Windy , wet and cold but it was strong wind out of the north and I was fishing a south facing beach away from the Easterly mix. Fished, Eastern CT. Throwing popers, plugs some plastics. We fished one beach for a bit and noticed a dark spot right in fromt of us that wasn't there before. Had some nervous water, must have been a decent pod of bunker? getting pushed around for a few minute, nothing broke the water but something was there , put a popper into the mix a couple, notlove. Walked down a couple beaches and we were fishing a spot that has a bit of stucture close to shore and I was dancing the popper at the back edge of the structure and had a nice stripper slash the plug, about 22 inch, nothing huge but skunk was off. Couple minutes , same thing about 24. Next fish was a bit bigger, took out a bit of drag and kept going back and forth in front of the structure, cut me off.

With the wind we were able to get the plugs out pretty far, had a big explosion on the pencil popper , pretty far out but didn't hook up. Kept working this section about 40 yards wide and had a fish slash the plug, miss it and came back to it, ended up with a nice blue about 10-12 lbs. Caught a few more stripers in the 22-24 inch size , lost the plug, looked like another blue, bit through the leader. All in all great day, went home wet and cold but landed about 5 stipers and a nice blue lost 2 plugs. All is good in the world.