Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonesy

Where jobs Really come from

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

it actually was a good article ...I read it on the throne yesterday ;) (note to self - windex the ipad)

It basically says young growth companies hire more than they fire. True.

Older companies are cutting costs and getting lean. prolly true too

it then went on to say that fed policy of low interest rates and QE is only benefiting the larger established firms (so essentially providing capital to cut jobs) but I didn't catch why that is in the article. Maybe I missed it

it actually was a good article ...I read it on the throne yesterday ;) (note to self - windex the ipad)

It basically says young growth companies hire more than they fire. True.

Older companies are cutting costs and getting lean. prolly true too

it then went on to say that fed policy of low interest rates and QE is only benefiting the larger established firms (so essentially providing capital to cut jobs) but I didn't catch why that is in the article. Maybe I missed it

fiscal polices in the name of job growth. Supply side didn't create jobs and left us with a bigger deficit. Interesting that QE and low interests rates are also claimed needed for the economy - but that isn't translating to jobs.

Alan Greenspan's quote "we were wrong" hasn't yet sunk in with the GOP. They hold on to failed policies because they benefit a small group with big check books.

I brought this up a couple of months ago. America's economic health is hefted on the backs of small businesses and it's those young businesses that do the heavy lifting. But there is a frightening trend of start-ups and young businesses declining in America...actually nose-diving. So with the drop in small businesses comes the loss of the job creators and the jobs. So it is incumbent on Washington to try to understand why this is happening and find a way to reverse it. it is not a simple problem; economists cannot even explain it. But it is vital to our economy.

fiscal polices in the name of job growth. Supply side didn't create jobs and left us with a bigger deficit. Interesting that QE and low interests rates are also claimed needed for the economy - but that isn't translating to jobs.

Alan Greenspan's quote "we were wrong" hasn't yet sunk in with the GOP. They hold on to failed policies because they benefit a small group with big check books.

it seems like you left half a statement there.

what fiscal policies in the name of job growth. low interest rates and QE? Thats what the article referenced. Not low tax rates or supply side economics. it simply stated that between 1988 and 200X net job growth came from younger companies. i don't think it made the point you are hoping it made unless you want to be anectdotal

The old companies were cutting jobs they had to first create.

Buggy makers had to learn a new trade too, and a new fangled car company created thousands of jobs.

Businesses adapt to changing times, smart ones do, and a company doesn't usually last long enough to be called old if they aren't doing something right.

So, it makes sense that new businesses are in hiring mode.