Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lucky strike

Mono line and distance difference

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Question.

What would be the casting difference in distance between 38 and 41 mm mono line ? ALL things being equal . I don't know if anyone has done any research on the issue. My question is referring mainly to conventional long distance casting.

LS

Question.

What would be the casting difference in distance between 38 and 41 mm mono line ? ALL things being equal . I don't know if anyone has done any research on the issue. My question is referring mainly to conventional long distance casting.

LS

All things being equal a line that is 38 MM thick is 1.49606299 inches thick. That is right around one and one half inches thick.

And .38 MM to .41 MM in Suffix Tritanium is 14 lb and 17 lb test line. With all things being equal again, the 14 lb will cast farther by a little bit.

I think that it is not the size that gives you the ability to cast further with thinner diameter line, it's that thinner lines are more flexible than thicker lines creating less frictional resistance. The resistance of the line coming off the spool or through the eyes.