Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iphish

NFL football food suggestions

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

We have perhaps the biggest game of the year late today ....what are your suggestions for football food for the late afternoon. preferably something that wasn't listed in Chris Farley's autopsy report for cardiac arrest. :shock: :shock:

What do you generally eat during the game, half time etc?

Ef the food, what game is this?

I feel bad... Chili and chips & salsa is a staple and expected. Add beer and you're set. If anyone expects more, they're a homo and should be ignored.

I don't do speedballs.  Because speedballs are bad, kids.

Food during the game?  Whatever is handy(something you can eat with one hand, when the other is holding a brewski).  Pickup a couple pizzas, set up some chips and salsa/hummus.  Maybe make some mexican for burritos/tacos.  If the weather's half decent(unlike today), I might do some bbq'n.  Burgers/dogs/chicken.  Easy group eating.

If you're looking for a spinach dip in sour dough you came to the wrong place for advice..  Sausage, steak tips, and cheese filled brats...:laugh:  It's football man!  

Buy a bunch of frozen shrimp and make some mustard lime dipping sauce.. 

I smoked 2 dozen hard boiled eggs yesterday and am getting ready to make deviled eggs with them in a few minutes. Topping some with bacon, some with roasted red peppers and some just plain. Also trying something different and stuffing some of the eggs with guacamole and topping them with crisp fried wonton strips seasoned with wasabi.

I had some Philly cheese steak dip a couple weeks ago at a party.

I'm not sure exactly how it was made, but it had bits of shaved steak, onions, peppers, cheese, and some hot peppers.

Served with slices of crusty bread.

It was :drool:

I smoked 2 dozen hard boiled eggs yesterday and am getting ready to make deviled eggs with them in a few minutes. Topping some with bacon, some with roasted red peppers and some just plain. Also trying something different and stuffing some of the eggs with guacamole and topping them with crisp fried wonton strips seasoned with wasabi.

Smoked hard boiled eggs, huh? How long do you smoke them?

pickled pigs feet

There were two young girls in the butcher's yesterday, maybe college aged. they were grossed out by the pigs feet in the display case. :laugh:

I had some Philly cheese steak dip a couple weeks ago at a party.

I'm not sure exactly how it was made, but it had bits of shaved steak, onions, peppers, cheese, and some hot peppers.

Served with slices of crusty bread.

It was :drool:

That sounds good.

My buddy makes a buffalo chicken dip that's fantastic.